Eventbrite (EB) - Share Chat

Seems Eventbrite are everywhere at the moment! Do you think they could shake up the ticketing industry enough to make an impact? They seem to focusing on small fish such a local gigs etc, very simliar to Dice. Keeping my eye on this one though :eyes:

Super keen to get this in the app. Some really interesting commentary coming out of Ark about their monetisation.
Copied from their commentary:

Eventbrite (EB) was down close to 30% on Friday after announcing disappointing fourth quarter earnings and weak first quarter guidance. EB expects slower first half 2019 growth due to difficulties in integrating its Ticketfly platform. We believe this will be resolved by the second half and growth should re-accelerate. In addition, Eventbrite is expanding into new international markets and building its own music platform. We believe these initiatives will sustain growth for many years to come.

3 Likes

Apparently, you don’t have to use Eventbrite to sell tickets to events…

Market cap at just USD 1.41 billion. Trading at USD 17 per share, IPO priced at USD 23… Another pump and dump for early investors à la Slack and Uber? (Tiger Global - 21%, Sequoia Capital - 20%, and Julia and Kevin Hartz - 17%).

Remember the happy days of September 2018:

Eventbrite gains 60% in its market debut

Online ticketing company Eventbrite soared as much as 70 percent in its stock market debut Thursday

(Thank you, CNBC)

New CFO after 2Q19 results:

Ticketing and event technology platform Eventbrite has appointed Lanny Baker as chief financial officer, following mixed second quarter financial results.

Baker joins Eventbrite from Yelp, succeeding Randy Befumo in the role. Befumo, who has served as the company’s chief financial officer since 2016, will move into the role of chief strategy officer.

SeekAlpha on 2Q19 results:

Revenue growth picked back up to ~20% y/y on an as-reported basis after a disastrous single-digit growth rate last quarter, but Eventbrite isn’t quite out of the woods yet.

Excluding the impacts of a one-time Ticketfly incident that softened revenues in 2Q18, however, revenue growth would have been 9.3% y/y, which is 30bps weaker than last quarter.

Eventbrite is still dealing with heavy competition as well as uncertain execution of the Ticketfly acquisition, which is expected to fully merge into the Eventbrite platform by October.

Eventbrite’s flagging growth have also bled over into starkly lower EBITDA and free cash flow.

2 Likes

I’m still keen to have Eventbrite as an option, I like the platform and have read some good bits about monetisation channels.

Are those investors an example of share equity or returns generated?

1 Like

Interesting stock, hope we get to see it added to freetrade.

I saw it on the top 100 list that they will add after everyone has fractional stocks. Can’t find it anymore.

Found it!

FT an idea for you: make this its own thread and release details more often.

3 Likes