Evraz - EVR - Share Chat

:joy::joy::joy::joy: probably my laughing faces too

And I remember talking about abramovich and I got sanctioned by freetrade for comments

1 Like

I doubt you were flagged for that (btw, I have no idea what specific thread you are referring to). As far as I can see very few posts get flagged/deleted. Avoid personal comments, keep saying the same thing again and again, derailing conversations, spam (including cross-posting), adverts especially links to promotions, promoting specific shares (i.e. advice) and you are fine. None of which, as far as I am aware, you do anyway. Read the community guidelines for more detail.

The rational is really simple. This is not a general internet forum - the aim is to move conversations forward in a constructive way and simultaneously steer clear of legal problems.

I am given to believe that the use of four laughing emojis is enshrined in UK’s unwritten constitution :nerd_face:.

3 Likes

On a serious note, you do need to do something about the plan upgrade messages on stocks like this though, as people may upgrade their plan to buy it, only to realise that they still can’t buy it. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

@rocklobster The only people who see this already own it as suspended stock don’t appear in search.

See here -

1 Like

True but that makes it worse as no need for the message. It is just a bad bit of messaging. I actually spent 10 mins checking my subscription was right after the changes happened.

I have the same message on quite a few stocks and when I swipe across it says continue with standard which sounds like that is what I have. Just really unclear messaging. It should simply say “Not available at present”

But to be fair they do acknowledge it is wrong :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree. Please can you ping Support hello@freetrade.io (or through the app) telling them this is a bad thing and it should be sorted out asap. The more people that ping support the better. It is not just a poor messaging issue it is a message that can be interpreted (unfortunately) as deliberately giving false information. Not good.

3 Likes

Well if they have just woken up from comor it’s fair enough but if people actually upgrade to a message like that then I have no sympathy at all and they get what they deserve :crazy_face::man_facepalming:

I’m really hoping that you meant penalised :flushed:

6 Likes

That’s aswell :man_facepalming::rofl::rofl:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nasdaq.com/articles/russias-evraz-h1-net-profit-down-99.5-y-y%3Famp

Profits down 99.5%, difficulty getting permission to pay debts.

Anyone still holding this (myself included) needs to prepare for the worst.

Just cant see any way to get anything back on this

2 Likes

Hi All, ive just noticed this group. I’m on the 500 strong telegram Evraz investor group usually and find it very useful but only a small % invested with Freetrade.

Does anyone have any thoughts on Freetrade being one of the only platforms not allowing materialisation of share certificates?

I appreciated it was not normal procedure with T&C’s but these extraordinary circumstances leave potential for loss in my own opinion by leaving with Freetrade as a nominee. The t&c’s do not support some of the eventualities I seek and Freetrade cannot guarantee my wishes to hold irrespectively.

Hargreaves Langdown just this week had similar t&c’s and have now allowed materialisation. Most brokers have and there seems to be a lot converting.

Looking into the wider peer group those who Support Move into Share Certification seem to be the majority now:

Barclays - YES (no charge)
Halifax - YES (£25 charge)
iWeb (Halifax) - YES (£25 charge)
Interactive Investor - YES (£42 charge per line of shares)
x-o.co.uk - YES (£25 charge)
Lloyds Bank - YES (£25 charge)
Equiniti - YES (£20 charge)
IBKR - NO currently (awaiting feedback on challenge)
Freetrade - NO
Hargreaves lansdown - YES (have now allowed against previous t&c’s, no charge)
T212 - NO currently (awaiting feedback on challenge)

I feel rather perturbed after a mature and experienced broker like Hargreaves Langdown has capitulated late in the day to pressure to allow this like the majority of brokers already did.

Seems Freetrade might potentially be more focussed on staunchly applying t&c’s designed for efficiency and refusals based on meme stocks than having consideration for adequate organisational requirements to avoid potential for loss or diminution.

My concerns as I have been refused paper I asked to transfer out and Freetrade now say I can only do this by settling in cash without the in specie option set out in the FCA handbook to avoid losses.

Anyone else concerned or contacted Freetrade to implore them to allow certification in your own name as the company Investor relations have seemingly recommended?

I am aghast how late in the day Freetrade have left this and not allowed it as a viable option. Every other broker has communicated corporate action and timely options whereas I feel absolutely left in the dark by Freetrade and beholden to very basic t&c’s not designed for this situation at all.

1 Like

Profit after tax was down $1.3bil to $6mil due to what I see as an IAS 34 compliant interim accounting adjustment for ForEx between inter group companies as per notes on something like p37 or 39 of the report.

I would expect to see this adjustment back reflected in H2 it is rather illusory in my opinion but is normal. There is commentary to support it.

The company doesn’t have major issue it’s geographic basis remains sound outside of UK/EU and traditional markets are continuing and growing business with great uptake from China and India.

North America ops are up x3 and RASP (yet to be re-added to value) x4 yoy.

If you are using profit after tax as a sole indicator of the trading performance of this company like the media wishes you to see then I understand taking a dim view.

However the revenue and EBITDA results at H1 are already almost the same as full year 2020.

Once the accounting adjustments for ForEx $1.7bil and ussaigned expense account of $1.3bil are realised in all regions and parts of the company and clarified in full year accounts then I’m sure there will be relatively pleasant surprise.

Working capital issues were well explained by the company meaning previous factoring facilities allowing payment in 2-3days are now reverting to non factoring payment terms. Hence the huge increase in receivables with additional inventory.

Why would that all be cause for alarm? It looks like $1bil in inventory could equate easily to $3bil in sales and production capacity is still 90% across board with expected stimulus packages from Russia and China in view expected to further assist.

Profit after tax in interim accounts is one view, mine is that this company has an underlying performance indicators this is one of the best years it has ever had but rightly so it is making reasonable interim adjustments and records.

1 Like

From sharecast

2 Likes

Any news on what direction FT are taking on this? Personally written it off but would still be nice to know what is being done, if anything.
I’m aware Evraz are now handling all share transactions OTC but require all shareholders to register details etc.

2 Likes

Or just continue with the wholesale slaughter of 10,000s and disabling the UN Security Council leading us to an ever more unstable world.

I prefer to lose my investment. World economies depend on stability.

2 Likes

https://www.evraz.com/en/share-certificates/

There’s been some developments for shareholders, not sure what it means exactly for shareholders with shares on Freetrade.

1 Like

Any update on how rhis impacts us?

From what I can see on the link, shares are registered in the nominee’s name (Freetrade) but if you wish these to be registered in your name Freetrade would need to contact Evraz to change this. A stock transfer form would need to be completed by both yourself and Freetrade.

It would then involve you receiving a share certificate detailing what shares you own.

If this is something of interest, best getting in contact with Freetrade via either chat or email to see if this is something they can facilitate for you.

2 Likes

Is there any information what is happening with this stock and what’s the future like for shareholders?

1 Like