☑ [Feature Request 🔧] Execute basic trades twice a day

I’d like to see basic trades executed twice a day. Not too fussed on the times: once in the morning at say 10am and once in the afternoon at 4pm as happens now.

Do you agree? Hit that vote button!

It makes more sense to execute trades where there is maximum liquidity in the London Stock Exchange, this is usually between 8:00 am and 8:30 am when European Markets Open and 2:30 pm and 3 pm when US Markets Open.

5 Likes

Extra 8pm one as well for US? Can’t see it being a free thing though as would cut into the revenue, so 50p?

1 Like

Can’t see this happening but I’ve certainly voted :joy:

2 Likes

If I recall correctly Adam says in this podcast this will eventually be enabled once volume justifies it

6 Likes

I bow to your greater knowledge. Perhaps someone from Freetrade could also chime in on the optimal times and, more generally, whether the idea is feasible.

Thanks, I’ve just given it a listen, he said: “We’re just doing at the end of the day right now. We might increase the frequency a bit as trade volumes grow so we don’t have a giant block.”

That’s still a ‘might’, so everyone had better keep voting! :smile:

5 Likes

I was just coming on to see if this topic existed and if not was going to create it. I’d say 9am and 4pm.

3 Likes

I think one free basic trade a day is sufficient: would prefer to see FT make revenue :slight_smile:

12 Likes

I think twice a day will make sense once they will open Asian markets. I think the same rationale has been used for the 4pm slot to cover UK and US in one go.

5 Likes

I second this.

2 Likes

Come on guys, let’s give them the chance to make some profit… Instant trades to existing for the impatient ones!

1 Like

While it would be nice to have more than one free trading spot per day it wouldn’t be profitable.

Let’s be fair. £1 for a trade is ridiculously cheap. If your trading on volumes that make time of trade important then the £1 is worth it. For people making end of day free trades I can’t see how the slight change in price would matter for the small volumes they would be trading.

7 Likes

It’s not that I don’t want to see Freetrade make some profit: I’m an investor, so I do: it’s more that I think FT will make more money long term by providing a better product. I think extending the free offer a little is key to that – especially with ever-increasing competition – and it’s in Freetrade’s name after all.

3 Likes

Good point. Theres a lot of competition out there

2 Likes

The highest liquidity execution windows in all equity markets are the opening and closing auctions. Those are the times when basic trades should be executable. Moreover, from a best execution point of view, as there is a single execution at the same price for everyone in the auctions, it is unbeatable. Unless your order is very big and the stock is very illiquid, at-best/at-market orders are fully filled.

1 Like