☑ [Feature Request 🔧] Desktop/Web Interface

I would like to see a meaningful desktop interface with more data analytics and live pricing. However, if FreeTrade do not wish to create a more thorough tracking structure with deep data, perhaps offering a live-export function would allow those who wish to use FreeTrade this way easily through, for example, Excel and at not much extra work to the company.

Alternatively, perhaps a short-term way around a browser is to go all in on the app and offer an ‘enable advanced mode’ within the existing app for Plus customers. This could essentially enable countless more data analytics and live pricing for paying customers who trade day-to-day. Further, enabling Mac M1 devices to run this app would essentially give desktop-browser features within the app. This seems the most easy to implement and other PC users get advanced functionality on tablets still.

1 Like

I would find research and dealing much easier from a laptop. Hope you can do this soon!.

2 Likes

It is really important we see a desktop app to go alongside the mobile app. All the competitors seem to have one right now and they offer great functionality. Free trade has been great for me so far for me but I want to get in on trades faster and do some technical analysis between global markets but Free trade is still to limited.

2 Likes

It might be quite some time. We can’t know for sure until someone from the team says. Searching would have brought up the below, from 2018. :point_down:

1 Like

They released an iPad version a couple of weeks ago,but I don’t know the roadmap for the desktop version

Complete radio silence from the FT team on this.

3 Likes

They’re probably busy on other stuff but web/desktop app is in the pipeline as per this tweet from Feb:

2 Likes

Just throwing my +1 into the ring, definitely would like to see a desktop interface of some sort (web or app).

Just throwing my +1 in here too, please can we get a web app or something on the computers please; just gives a feeling of legitimacy and a sense of safety that you don’t get from your mobile phone.

4 Likes

I can’t wait for the Web UI. Would definitely prefer to use a monitor rather than my iPhone screen!

2 Likes

Just landscape mode for Android would do me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

This feature has been confirmed, only a matter of time now!

Here is the Twitter thread: https://twitter.com/freetrade/status/1357077998088966145

5 Likes

Finally my second monitor can act like a Bloomberg terminal. Seriously know this is great news.

2 Likes

“Hoping this year, but there’s a lot of other things to do so that could change! Will do our best.”
— Feb 3, 2021

I find it an odd approach to announce this via a tweet, and not on the road map? Regardless, sounds very likely :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I agree, It would be nice to get an official update on this rather than a tweet.

2 Likes

My luck is terrible, my screen got broken again ha i quess no way to use freetrade again :confused:

What brand of phone do you have? I might have to buy some stocks in them… :smiley:

1 Like

hahaha i use google one :smiley: sadly its done done now. will have to look to get something quickly. the sad part i can’t access freetrade atm :smiley:

1 Like

hope this is still on the roadmap!!

2 Likes

It would be nice to receive an official update on this.

5 Likes