[Feature Request šŸ”§] Export as CSV/JSON

I recall being able to select all and copy the content. Then I just cleaned it up and moved it to a spreadsheet.

Ideally it would be in a more malleable format than a PDF. Donā€™t really get why itā€™s a PDF either, itā€™s not that strenuous to generate a CSV.

1 Like

Try to open the .pdf with Google Docs.

See if it works.

Hope this helps

1 Like

I received a CSV from support chat. Not great but itā€™ll do. Ask support again.

3 Likes

Hey guys - reviving this topic because I think you guys might be interested in this new thread :wink:

8 Likes

I am wondering if there is any progress on this?

2 Likes

Yep - I am also asking.

Export to a number of different CSV a formats to allow upload/import into Portfolio trackers on MorningStar, YahooFinance, ā€œMy Stocks Portfolioā€ to save having to manually maintain transactions in a variety of platforms to derive benefit from their features where FreeTrade doesnā€™t office the same feature.

e.g. MorningStarā€™s Portfolio X-Ray analysis tool

2 Likes

I would be grateful if you could share how you do this.

1 Like

Hi - I donā€™t dot this presently - it is a request for a new feature to be added.

I have copies of my Portfolios in different systems to take advantage of different features and itā€™s tiresome to keep entering transactions. It would be nice if there was a way to export an entire Portfolio into a format that these other platforms can import.

It wouldnā€™t be so bad if I just had to upload the latest export from FreeTrade to each once in a while.

Hopefully, this is something that can be added to the full web site once released.

3 Likes

Providing export would help get over some of the other limitations of the app UI by making it easier to use other tools to track portfolios. For example, itā€™d help this idea to Show Investment Growth over Different Timeframes on Homepage (per stock).

2 Likes

This would be great for keeping track of purchases for both CGT and anticipating dividend expectations.

Great suggestion, would defo use. Whereas now, i have to input all that data manually into a spreadsheet. I donā€™t know if I sell something, if i can see that data after its left my PF? because usually its all pinned in my portfolio list.

Please include all purchase data, $/Ā£ price and conversion rate, buy price + date, sell price + date.

Aa

Yes, for Tax calculations is the most important reason but also helps with strategizing port folio in general

Currently having to type all of this out manually

1 Like

100% would love an easy way to export the above mentioned data to a csv / spreadsheet. As others have mentioned this would make doing accounts for tax a much less manual process and allow users to easily import the data in to their own finance apps / spreadsheets

Iā€™m interested in this, mainly as a means of maintaining transaction and price history between different accounts.

I hold trading accounts with other providers, so being able to merge the data together would mean I have consistent and accurate information I can provide my accountant.

Is there any progress on this? A year ago they were working on this but I am not aware of any results so far.

As far as I am aware (from Sept last year), itā€™s still an excel document. But the formatting isnā€™t really usable. Youā€™ll have to manually disect and sort through every line item. So it needs a lot of improvement.

Dear SpaceTrader,
Many thanks for your reply. I wasnā€™t even aware of an excel document, where can we get that? It would definitely be better than nothing. Look forward to your comments. Olafur

@ooddgeirsson You just need to send them a message in chat from the app and theyā€™ll be able to email it to you.

Hi everyone, Iā€™ve created small converter from FreeTrade format to the format I need, it is published here https://freetrade-portfolio-converter.vercel.app/

Itā€™s early alpha and does not support all the cases as I was able to test it only on my own report.

Feel free to test and share your thoughts/ideas/bugs.

4 Likes

Amazing idea @Lonli-Lokli

I have no use for this but I know plenty of other will do!

1 Like