[Feature Request 🔧] Multi-currency accounts 💵 💷

Great another hinderance to trading in ISA - suffer FX issues as you trade. Another issue to deal with rather than having direct brokerage accounts with the exchange you want i.e. US

You have to take that up with Rishi :smiley:

4 Likes

Lol… If I could sit that guy down and have one on one trust me I would! so much the middle guy loses that they shouldn’t. As we become more global and new digital currencies are brought into the forum legacy issues like holding a currency in any investment forum should be the investors choice not the governments.

If the government are offering specific tax breaks for a specific type of investment then it becomes their right to stipulate the conditions to be fair. In the ISA’s case, the gain for the little guy is preferential tax status, the gain for the government is an incentive in British people to invest in British (listed) companies, and the gain for the guys in the middle (brokers, FX providers) is increased volumes as ISAs are more likely to tempt more people into investing.

2 Likes

Many developed European countries don’t even have tax efficient savings like an ISA let alone allowing you to trade stock within that wrapper.

2 Likes

Neil there numerous tax havens in Europe - which shell are you living in?

Switzerland/Sweden/Netherlands they all have different tax regimes with which you can trade if you are citizen. So many tax approaches that can be taken if your their citizen and the same goes for outside Europe.

You are seriously misinformed. The ISA is just a UK thing each country has tax efficient approaches to investing and trading.

There are many people on this forum who live in France, Germany & Japan who would disagree. German is particularly unfavourable from memory. I care not for tax havens as this only benefits the super rich and off shore companies not the average person on the street who just trying build some economic security.

You’ve stated many Eurpean countries don’t have efficient tax savings like ISA’s I’ve just stated a few who do.

Why say this when @NeilB clearly and correctly said “MANY developed European countries don’t” he did not say ALL. It seems you are unhappy with every aspect of FT and even the laws that FT follow :joy: :man_facepalming: Really don’t understand why you joined this community to then moan about everything on every thread.

@Big-g I take it you and Neil, don’t like people questioning aspects of trading here?

Note the tax element has nothing to do with FT, it is a tax policy and a hindrance in which you can trade, that impacts brokers and organisations like FT.

Both you and Neil don’t like it when people comment on things they don’t like about investing and trading, and would like to discuss it instead as a form healthy debate.

Maybe it’s just yes sayers and non challenging views is what’s preferred on this forum?

1 Like

I’ve muted you @DeeDee because I have no time for your particular brand of trollling. Both myself and @Big-g give up our spare time to make this place a helpful and useful resource for new and existing users alike. Most of the other regulars just haven’t bothered replying.

You have so many issues with many core features of the platform what are you expecting? The CEO jump on here and change his successful company just to please you?

Good luck with your investing journey and I wish you success in your chosen strategy (so long as it doesn’t involve £CINE or $SPCE :joy:)

1 Like

@Neil

I’ve been encouraged by FT to say what I would like changed, and that’s what I’m asking for. I’m not asking you and I’m nit trolling, healthy debate and questioning is not trolling please get your facts and definitions correct.

You could not be further from the truth!!! I have often pointed out aspects of FT that are poor or need improving. Even yesterday I mentioned errors in numbers on promo stuff and also about the way they post threads before going live.

Criticism is healthy 100% if constructive but you joined 18hrs ago, from a banned account no doubt, and every thread you posted has a criticism and similar points to banned accounts. Good luck and hope you get all you want from the platform but I won’t bother replying :+1:

Top man!!! I never realised you can do this :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Lol no harm no foul, my questions to all forums users not one or 2 individuals.

@Big-g

Not at all, not banned. I’m new to this forum (have my full name no pseudonyms). Just trialing out the app and forum for my Isa.

I try and educate and learn on what’s out there and do many platforms and forums. And question the users where I can on how they use the platform, and challenging it (healthily) where I can.

Sometimes people aren’t liked for calling a spade a spade. However they forget a spade has a job to do, and it’s suits it’s function for the user. I just ask the user could and do you use it differently. Not always liked fit that I’m afraid.

Able to keep dividends and proceeds from sales in Dollars, in a separate wallet to your £ So you can straight reinvest without having to convert currency.

This is a great idea!

This is a special idea but personally I rather have everything in one format. Although if FT does implement this I wouldn’t complain but I don’t see any benefit of this and there’s also no downside.

So that you don’t have to convert the currency, like he said.
Currently the dividend gets paid in usd and converted to gbp @0.45%, then if you want to buy back into the stock you must convert gbp to usd again @0.45%.

3 Likes