[Feature Request 🔧] Show investments in native currency

Is it possible to add an option to show our US stocks in dollars rather than pounds?

Makes it easier to compare quickly and is more convenient for more investors I would think. Having an option would be the best bet.

Good idea, second that. Would be good to see our investments in original currency (US$) versus local currency (GBP) to highlight the FX risk—a crucial part of investment management.

5 Likes

Already posted a few months ago. Multi currencies would be great. My addition

Would love to see storing in dollars…but as you said there at least has to be euros anyway for Ireland et al . Would like to see the ability to store stocks in the currency that the stock is listed in. Pounds(£) for LSE, Dollar ($) for NYSE etc. Possibly another revenue stream for Freetrade in the form of currency conversion for those that would rather change in-app

Edit: Multi-wallet currencies is what I meant like Revolut

3 Likes

I think that’s a great idea too but specifically, I was referring only to the prices shown.

For example, if I hold a US stock on the home ‘investments’ page under the graph, the price is shown in £ rather than dollars (unless I go into the stock page). Showing in its domestic currency would make comparisons and analysis of stocks a lot easier. This idea is specifically about that part.

Ah I get you. Ye it would be nice to show both. That’s needed. +1 from me

All I want is to see the buy price in $!

2 Likes

Here is @ytsruh’s old post: Show Exchange rates & USD cost per share in Contract Notes

I wonder if the votes can be merged to highlight the community support for this.

2 Likes

Does anybody else think that this information should be displayed in the stock’s original currency as opposed to GBP?

Say you have a US stock, it will show your investment’s current value in GBP as opposed to USD, average price per share in GBP and investment gain/loss in GBP as well. This isn’t very useful if you want to compare it against its current share price (which will be in USD).

Appreciate that if you click on the recent activity and you go to the actual buy or sell order it will show your amount in its original currency but my suggestion here is that everything should be in USD by default so you are not applying an arbitrary GBP/USD FX when displaying it.

1 Like
1 Like

+1 for the idea

Yep. It’s really annoying. A stock’s info page tells you the current price in USD, but tells you your investment amount in GBP.

Sure, show us a converted amount, but we really need to see the average purchase price per share in USD if it is bought and sold in USD. A simple toggle button would work fine.

Yes! This is a massive bug bear for me, I have seen this with my previous broker as well before I joined Freetrade. This will be very helpful.