Freetrade App Crashing - Super Slow

Also having issues, app is practically unusable at the moment, constant freezing and when I am eventually able to navigate to a different section it repeats the transition animation over and over again :frowning: (iOS 12.3 beta 5)

2 Likes

I also think it happens when the app is fetching data. I sent a video of where the app starts without any portfolio data or chart line, whilst it was in this state the app was frozen ( you couldnā€™t scroll/click ), then after about 10s it showed the chart and portfolio data, at which point you could scroll/click again.

Thereā€™s another related issue, whereby when itā€™s in the frozen state, you can click a stock multiple times, then when the app is no longer frozen it starts layering the stock detail page one on top of the other. Then clicking Back in the top left just drops off a layer until you eventually get back to the Discover page. I shared a video of this as well, have a more aggressive example somewhere.

Iā€™m using iOS 12.2.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback everybody. The test device we were expecting to use has been logged out of - preventing us from profiling the device. On the upside it appears to have resolved the issue. If youā€™re experiencing this issue on iOS, could you try logging out and back in to see if it helps?

1 Like

Iā€™ve deleted and reinstalled and still having the issues unfortunately

OK, thanks @tommy ā€¦

Iā€™ve logged out, logged back in. Deleted, then reinstalled. Also since I first experienced this issue ( around end of April ) thereā€™s been a update which hasnā€™t had any affect.

The other thing I noticed is the app was fine on non-trading days.

Just a thought, have you tried this with a portfolio with a dozen or so stocks?

This might be helpful.

Thanks for everybodyā€™s patience. The next app version will have remote profiling built in which will help speed things up. Weā€™ll update this thread again on Monday if not before.

6 Likes

First thing I did was delete and reinstall and the last app update logged me out and itā€™s still unusable half the time

iOS 12.1.2

Yeah Iā€™ve noticed the same thing. Itā€™s while the data updates after authentication with Face ID.

Weā€™ve managed to recreate the problem with one of our devices. Weā€™ve made a number of improvements which has removed the issue for us. Weā€™ll be submitting a build with these fixes to Apple over the weekend and will release it on Tuesday. The build also contains some profiling changes so we can monitor any unfound issues. Thanks again for your patience!

17 Likes

Just a quick update for everybody. We submitted the build over the weekend and are waiting on Apple to review. Weā€™re hoping to have it approved tonight ready for our release tomorrow :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

Another update. Apple often miss the instructions we provide on how to sign in to the app and reject our submission. Unfortunately this has happened again. Weā€™ve resubmitted with some notes IN BLOCK CAPS and are looking for sign off again today. Weā€™ll keep you posted.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve noticed more and more that the app just ā€˜sticksā€™, you start to scroll and it totally locks up with no indication whatā€™s happening, this happens when I search for ā€˜ETFā€™ and then scroll down the list. It also happens when I try to top up. Latest iOS and app version on iPhone X.

3 Likes

Yes Iā€™ve noticed this too, I believe it might be linked to updating prices on stocks (as prices often update after), but t could be any network call. It us quite sporadic for me though, havenā€™t been able to reproduce it very well. It results in UI lags while the app is doing something (most likely network access).

No network call should be blocking the main thread though, they should always be asynchronous, so hopefully thatā€™s what they are trying to address in the update.

1 Like

Yes Iā€™ve also had quite a few issues with the app over the past week. I started noticing it around Wednesday or Thursday last week. Sometimes it will freeze. My buy orders would take a minute or so and the graphic animation would freeze. Pin code itā€™ll crash then re-open the app. Activity feed needs re-syncing by support at times.

2 Likes

Yep, though even if itā€™s a single threaded application a spinner of some kind would at least take the frustration out of being unresponsive without a cue as to why.

Hi everyone. The changes that are with Apple for review should resolve these issues. Weā€™re just waiting for a review. As soon as youā€™re on 2.4.3 we expect these issues to be resolved.

6 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: iOS app update v 2.4.3

Hey! App version 2.4.3 has now been released, please do update to this app version :slightly_smiling_face:

This should resolve the issues mentioned here, but let us know if you are still experiencing any of these.

2 Likes

The latest app update should have resolved the issue with the iOS app. If it hasnā€™t please let us know here Freetrade iOS app update v 2.4.3.

If you experience lagging / crashes in the app then please contact us via the in-app live chat or by emailing hello@freetrade.io. Although that wasnā€™t the case here, that can be caused by a slow internet connection so weā€™ll want to check on this for you & see whether itā€™s that or something else thatā€™s causing the issue :raised_hands: