Freetrade Competitors

Hopefully Freetrade will get this in two years time.

Nothing significant in the update!
I am not sure what they are developing!

4 Likes

Any financial updates?

The update in a nutshell:

• Money market ETFs
  • Crowdfunding
  • Which? recommended provider
  • Inbox preferences

Pretty underwhelming, I was hoping for the latest on adding funds, Lisas and Jisas which were said to be among the next features in the works.

4 Likes

not surprised they’re doing well. Also with the changes in fees (while the ad-hoc fee is still high) it makes a number of actions on the platform cheaper overall.

All the growth come from the increase of the interest rate revenues. Transaction fees are down year on year

2 Likes

Interesting, but I believe that Apple should only engage in profitable businesses that wouldn’t harm its brand. Investing in stocks, as we know, can lead to frustration when there are losses, which could result in dissatisfaction. What I mean is that they would only be taking the risk that an unrelated service might bring a negative image by association with the brand. So, I think they should leave this to those in the industry.

3 Likes

Finally checked out Webull UK, certainly a busier UI than Freetrade given it’s offering. Makes me appreciate how simple and slick Freetrade is without just default saying it as an investor (minutes the questionable chart reporting some days)…

Gamification of investing on the app feels like circa 2021. Thought the Financial Conduct Authority crackdown put an end to that…
The App almost drives you to the promotions/rewards center (which you can get an easy $20+ for signing up)

1 Like
2 Likes

InvestEngine will be offering a SIPP.

I wouldn’t mine looking into Kraken - I like there UI

Anyone seen the AI trades/trader ad. What do you think of it?

I’m pretty sure that’s the guy who used to work for t212 and he used to show you how to use each graph etc on t212.

He’s the one who showed me how to use the slow stochastic oscillator, love that graph.

1 Like

Just noticed that the Trading 212 GIA (Invest Account) is now multi-currency, with 12 currencies that you can choose to use and hold. FX fee of 0.15% for currency conversion.

6 Likes

Sounds like a great feature! And source of incremental revenue.

1 Like
1 Like

Trading212 has rolled out US extended hours trading.

Now Revolut has announced US extended hours trading as well. Free for Revolut Ultra members or €15 a month for non Ultra subscribers.

Is Freetrade going to follow suit?

8 Likes

DriveWealth launched extended hours a couple of months ago. I’d imagine FT could piggyback on it relatively easily. That said, FT has an aversion to trading-type features and may not want to expose clients to worse liquidity, volatility, spreads etc.

3 Likes

From the Robinhood earnings call, it sounds like they will launch in the UK this year. They say they will offer 24 hour trading.