Freetrade Competitors

Good interface. Needs isa etc

1 Like

once they have an isa I would consider moving as they have great customer service and withdrawals are super quick and fast at paying dividends.

Their interface reminds me of the one used by 212

5 Likes

All the shiny new toys. Freetrade feels like lloyds if we was a bank

4 Likes

But Lloyds bank is 258 years old. How many of these with shiny toys will last past a decade even?

2 Likes

Am I remembering correctly, didn’t Freetrade say something recently about a web app?

There is a Freetrade web app, but it’s in beta (well probably more like Alpha…) and you can’t do much in it, you can see your portfolio but you can’t buy or sell IIRC

Don’t think it’s been updated for ages

2 Likes

I am definitely experiencing the mandela effect, I could have sworn it was brought up again in the 2023 Christmas list, I went back and checked and it wasn’t on there. I even looked at the edits made to the original post to see if it had been edited out. I guess it was just my wishful thinking.

I do wish we got updates on their plans for their ‘Beta’ app, they just released it and said nothing about it since in the last 2 years.

Yes, there was a comment at the end of an email they sent out 12th Jan “Freetrade’s 2023 in Review” under “What’s next?”

"Well that’s for another email. We’ve got a lot more to do with our Treasury product. We’ve also got a few items that didn’t get wrapped up before Christmas.

Importantly, though, we’re going to be coming out of your phones this quarter."

3 Likes

Thank god I wasn’t going crazy! :crazy_face:

Although they didn’t specifically say, that heavily implies a web version.

4 Likes

Looks like it’s coming this quarter!

1 Like

I’ve got to mind what I’m liking. This is neither a denial nor confirmation :crazy_face:

8 Likes

will we receive any kind of investor updates?

2 Likes

Robinhood is really going to launch in the UK!

3 Likes

The Robinhood app is generally as polished as you’d expect from a company that’s been doing this for a decade. It is only US stocks at the moment which makes sense but also means it’s not a direct competitor to Freetrade yet.

1 Like

I got the email as well.
I just signed up via iOS testflight - only took a few minutes with no issues.
Enabled 2FA as that wasn’t enabled by default.
Going to test it out now.

2 Likes

It offered me authentication with Passkeys in addition to my password on iOS. I can see the multi-factor authentication option as well but have not added that yet.

1 Like

T212 bringing 24hr//5day trading.

Robinhood arriving pressure from all sides and what are Freetrade bringing to the party? Desktop investing :clap: :clap:

3 Likes

I think they’re a good option, but we already have good ones here, so it’s just one more choice, in my opinion. Nothing special.

1 Like