Freetrade Debit Card?

£25k transaction limit on it obviously ( if you know you know :wink: )

2 Likes

If Freetrade do a debit card please don’t issue those cheapo plastic ones. Go METAL

2 Likes

I personally am not adverse to any idea, every idea has a market and an associated audience.

Moneybox, tickr (circa5000), etc all work with a connected account. Aligning funds and spending and maybe a rounding feature could very easily meet the needs of the younger demographics.

So maybe instead of building something - connect with Money Dashboard or Nova Money - using their analytics and account connection - simply enable an automatic movement of savings to Freetrade. Partnerships shouldn’t be overlooked.
Maybe creating a Freetrade branded emoney card as a joint venture. Great talking point when someone sees it in your wallet - a freetrade purple card with a free share QR code printed - it would definitely look hot!

For the more mature audience, you could create a lending account secured by the collateral of the GIA. 80% of the value could be used and repayments could be via a manual sell down or via a cash payment, first 10 days could be interest free - then start charging interest. Make it so all loans have to be repaid within a certain period.

All responsible behaviour encouraged.

3 Likes

All very interesting and good ideas bar one thing, it’s pink surely not purple :joy: I do really like the idea about borrowing against value but it could be difficult in practice with volatile stocks.

As you said though “every idea has a market and an associated audience.” :+1: personally I think FT are at capacity in development and behind on dates they mentioned so it would definitely be a longer term project.

1 Like

Metal all the way!!!

1 Like

But Freetrade are moving into the crypto market so a debit card would put them comparable to some of their future competitors if they want to take their market share. But by no means a deal breaker. I would love to move my crypto portfolio to Freetrade.

Since when?

Well they had job adverts out for crypto currency workers a couple of months ago. One could summise they will go into this area.

2 Likes

That would be a good indication! Thanks! Who knows what else they have up their sleeve!

I don’t like to mingle investments with spending. Completely agree with @SebReitz

It would be a no from me.

2 Likes