Freetrade DRIP capabilities?

fractionals arent needed for automatic investing

Surely if you’re allocating percentage amounts of your investment based on just cash amount you’d need UK fractionals. I believe the FT team have already stated they need to tackle UK fractionals before the auto invest feature.

I.e- £100 investment spread in 25% allocations would need fractionals to allocate that specific percentage of stocks due to share price costs

You’re thinking of 212.

automatic investing doesnt need fractions to work, yes i believe freetrade are looking at fractions but it isnt of any particular consequence for automated investing, you either have enough to buy a share or it waits until you do have enough to buy a share (thats how dividend reinvestment works for example).

I have automatic investing already for my company shares and pension, no fractions available for that.

Ahhhh yes I see what you mean, that makes sense yea. I think FT seem to be aiming for something similar to 212 when they roll out their auto-invest feature that’s likely why there will be more delay to it. It will undoubtedly be a plus feature too I’m sure.

Yeah I think they likely are as well, though they’ve not said to much about what it might look like I’m hoping for a simple and elegant approach (I’m actually not a huge fan of the pie concept elsewhere even though I initially thought it was pretty good)

1 Like

yeah its too slow… we need this feature asap… lets put some pressure on :wink:

FT have always been open about what they’re working on and publish the Roadmap. It looks like EU expansion bring both FT to Europe and the European markets to FT is the main push right now.

1 Like

Main Topic discussion: ☑[Feature Request 🔧] Autopilot 🤖 (Automatic investment)