Freetrade in the news 🗞️

1 Like

“You’re gonna see some stuff that hasn’t been seen anywhere else in the world in 2020,” the CEO teased.

“It feels like validation,” says Dodds. “When I started Freetrade I felt a little out in the woods, this crazy Canadian in London saying this is gonna be huge, trust me… now a couple of years later, they’re finally catching on.”

Sorry @adam because you’re Canadian I thought you said I started Freetrade in the woods :joy:

3 Likes

We have an exciting ‘pitch deck article’ on Business Insider today [paywall]:

Only a few startups are interesting enough to have their pitch decks published by Business Insider, normally featuring much higher amounts such as European scooter company VOI that raises $85 million “to take on Bird and Lime”. We’re proud they considered us interesting for this feature!

For our community members, here’s the pitch deck in the Business Insider article:

Freetrade pitch deck (PDF)

Heads-up: it’s a shortened version of the Crowdcube deck.

Enjoy!

14 Likes

Mods please remove if this is not okay. I found searching for the first sentence.

Hot on Revolut’s tail however is another fast-rising star, Freetrade isn’t just building a unique free share trading platform, its entry is causing the entire industry to rethink their fee structures, which is why Freetrade is The One To Watch.

The One To Watch – Freetrade

22 Likes
11 Likes
1 Like

I find these two almost unbearable. They’re awful presenters who pretty much just shout and gesticulate at the screen.

I’m also not entirely sure they’re as wealthy and they say they are, to me at least it seems like they’re just trying to peddle referral links.

3 Likes

I actually don’t mind them. They make it seem like they’re regular c words. Maybe you’ve seen more then I have haha

2 Likes

Check out their Corbyn video. It’s hilarious, I’m sure they out the script together by researching the Daily Mail.

1 Like

I’m Irish though doesn’t affect me that much who’s the British leader. Maybe now more than ever but I will be sure to check on your recommendation

1 Like

Still worth a watch!

I like them. Enthusiastic and their videos are very informative for new investors in my humble opinion :blush:

3 Likes

That’s what I’ve seen Rich but maybe others have seen the bad side

1 Like

I think their great. Theres loads of American YouTubers out there so we need more UK ones who talk about finance and their likely to appeal to millennials who afterall are the future.

4 Likes

Millennials are the current generation, it’s Generation Z that’s the future :sweat_smile:

(He says, with his tongue somewhat in cheek.)

We’re focusing on doing one thing really well: investing in the stock market. Our tech stack means we can offer trades for zero commission, and we’ll also add exciting new features like fractional shares, which will be on the app in early 2020. Overall, transparency is a big differentiator between us and the legacy stockbrokers, not only in terms of fees but also in how we place customer service and community at the heart of everything we do. Our community forum is one of the most active in fintech, and we talk to our customers every day to get feedback and feature requests. The forum is also a great place to learn about investing and chat with other investors. We build a product with trust at its core.

14 Likes
9 Likes

It’s “inevitable” that the pressure on fees is coming to UK and the rest of Europe, according to Adam Dodds, CEO and co-founder of Freetrade. The company says it has more than 70,000 customers, and this week it will start migrating them to a platform the company’s engineers built from scratch (it currently uses third-party software).

:eyes: the mythical investment platform is coming.

5 Likes

Some more news today of the launch of Invest by Freetrade:

We’ll be sharing more news ourselves shortly, stay tuned! :boom:

23 Likes