Freetrade in the news 🗞️

What were the market caps of the businesses out of interest, realise it’s quite a wide random question - thanks

I was registering a CFD account with t212 recently. Aside from fairly horrible UX they essentially made me pass an exam to make sure I understand what CFD is and how it works. In the end they said that it seems like I don’t have much experience with CFDs and that they don’t recommend me to do it.

For what it’s worth I think they are trying to prevent people from using CFDs.

4 Likes

*Protect inexperienced people from using CFDs

It’s in their best interest to get people on CFDs as that’s their primary source of income. Having said that I’ve not had any notifications from their app to push me towards CFDs

2 Likes

They are just covering their bases legally. Why would they discourage you to do what literally is their business model?

4 Likes

unlike etoro who really blur the lines, 212 seems to be trying to move away from CFDs from their main product, i think they realise its time could be limited in the long run

3 Likes

The competition have pretty much had to copy Freetrade because of what Freetrade is offering, and they will keep doing so until Freetrade can pass the critical mass, which will then see these ‘competitors’ for what they are, noise generating time wasters, with foundations built on CFD lies. The UK press is understanding this more and more and once the public understand this (and the regulator) it’s game over for the Bulgarian based competitors.

7 Likes

A quick perusal of the T212 forum shows a fair few people who are into CFDs and don’t have a clue what they’re doing.

8 Likes
11 Likes

That’s the scary part, so many un-educated retail investors trading complicated stuff, I feel for some of them

3 Likes

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/investing/article-9148775/amp/Why-Argo-Blockchain-popular-stock-2021-far.html

2 Likes

22 Likes

OMG?! How come AJ Bell didn’t win this?! :poop: :poop: :poop:

I’m seriously shocked. My experience with AJ Bell has been nothing but positive since becoming a customer last year and this is sarcasm and I hate them so much and I hope they came bottom and Freetrade deserve this so much, not just for the app, pricing and customer service but for this community forum and its management plus their engagement with users here and this sentence is really long. I hate AJ Bell.

32 Likes

:sob: Makes me laugh. :pray:

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I love your running commentary of your feelings for AJ Bell. I literally feel like I’m living your tortured relationship with them vicariously through you. Reading the first line of your post, I literally choked on my glass of water with laughter. :joy: :rofl:

10 Likes

I snorted image

6 Likes

That may be worse. But only if there was anyone there to hear…

Worth 5 minutes of your time, FT mentioned throughout.

The start-up, which has over 300,000 users, said the number of premium accounts on its Freetrade Plus subscription brand have more than doubled since Jan. 1. GameStop and some other stocks with high levels of short interest, like Bed Bath & Beyond, are only available on Freetrade Plus.

15 Likes
4 Likes

On Monday and Tuesday, Freetrade saw 177% more buy orders on GameStop by value than the entirety of last week – which was already high.

5 Likes