Freetrade in the news 🗞️

It’s the police code in the US for illegal drugs, a clever play on numbers by Neil

4 Likes

The dialling code for Manhattan #FactFans

2 Likes

I reckon it is the deodorant young @neilB uses

or one of a whole host of other fragrances

5 Likes

“Gamestop was a catalyst for sure, but it’s not like that was the peak,” Freetrade co-founder @Viktor Nebehaj said.

“It’s obvious to us that investment accounts are going to be as normal as bank accounts.”

https://t.co/GQaB6l8OM1

5 Likes

@nielb Based on US data we can reasonably say about 30% of Brits may in the next 5-10 years have a Brokerage account. So the opportunity exists not just for companies like Freetrade but also for the banks and others that want to offer “innovative” savings products (i.e. related to shares). To get a flavour of this latter category we see Wise and Revolut doing things.

Exciting times!

2 Likes
2 Likes

German stocks…

“Freetrade customers can now buy and sell most German stocks with no commission or charges, only foreign exchange fees”

22 Likes

Yeah, noticed these this morning! Great news

I hope it’s now as easy as pressing a “green” button on the Invest platform

Freetrade to the moooon​:rocket::rocket::rocket:

6 Likes

Another few articles from across quite a few publications which is great to see

7 Likes

A review of Freetrade from Motley fool.

7 Likes

Another article talking about Freetrade

12 Likes

Beauhurst Top 50 fintech start-ups, in at number 42 by amount raised…

6 Likes

Amount raised so far … My guess is that they’ll be higher than 42 soon :zipper_mouth_face:

5 Likes

:face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

A little bird :chicken: inadvertently dropped a bread crumb a while ago. This :sauropod: doesn’t forget

Bit of a longer read but interesting.

fewer than 5% of the UK population have an actively funded S&S ISA. In contrast, the UK Treasury estimated that ~2.3M people in the UK owned a crypto asset in 2021.

3 Likes

On the Elizabeth line already :grinning:

9 Likes

Tube looks quiet

3 Likes