Freetrade in the news šŸ—žļø

Swedish article sharing the background of Freetradeā€¦

2 Likes
3 Likes

Little Freetrade piece on ISAs

8 Likes

Just bumped into this CNBC video on Twitter, Freetrade gets a quick mention.

Looks like Europe is ready for disruption. :slight_smile:

5 Likes
7 Likes

I find it interesting that the Monzo representative is the special projects manager, rather than someone involved with Plus or other established subscriptions. Perhaps they built a relationship while working on a Monzo>Freetrade special project? Or perhaps itā€™s just because Monzo Plus was a special project a while back.

5 Likes

Small mention to Freetrade in this article:

2 Likes

Matt Roberts pays Ā£550 a month into his ISA ā€“ which is currently worth about Ā£20,000 ā€“ and he is aiming for 9% growth on his investments a year.

Matt needs to re evaluate his aims a littleā€¦

2 Likes

Itā€™s not impossible - been investing for just over 8 years and my annualised returns are around 9%, although it remains to be seen if 2022 will drag it down.

The good times will come back again at some point!

6 Likes

VWRL has a compound annual growth rate of 8.95%

Just sayinā€™

https://backtest.curvo.eu/portfolio/vanguard-ftse-allworld-ucits-etf-usd-accumulating--NoIgaghgdg5grhATgEwAQDEAqBlAoqgQQBsiBaAdQHtEi0BVAYQEkdVdN1UAKO7AEQCUhAMbC4AWzhEIAFwCWsEABpgoJrgAMGgEIBpAKzaAipgAcG5QEYAuraA

7 Likes

As the saying goes past performance is not indicative of future performance. If people think the next 10 years are going to be like the last 10 I feel they may be in for disappointment.

4 Likes

Another saying is 'This time, itā€™s different", only it isnā€™t and wonā€™t be.

I donā€™t think the next 10 years will be exactly the same as the last 10 but if thereā€™s a chance of them being worse, thereā€™s also the chance of them being better!

7 Likes

You may be right, No one can predict the future. but from the perspective of someone setting a goal for themself I donā€™t think itā€™s too outlandish to aim for similar performance to the market over the last few years.

One thing Iā€™ve noticed over the last 10 years is people have been predicting an imminent stock market crash for pretty much all of it :laughing:

8 Likes

Hey, if we replicate the performance of the last ten years I will be delighted like everyone.

It only really becomes an issue if you are basing long term life plans around the 8% value.

Saving for a goal of one day owning a Ferrari is one thing, if you hit 4% instead of the 8% you will have to stick with the family saloon for a few more years.

Basing retirement planning on 8% a year growth is borderline bonkersā€¦

1 Like

You should check out Berkshire Hathaway YOY over a very long period, pretty impressive along with many other similar funds. My aim is 10% min YOY over 20 ish years and feel feasible if i donā€™t need an exact exit date/year.

That part is very true :slight_smile:

1 Like

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/09797821/filing-history/MzM0MDQzODg5M2FkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0

Freetrade financials statements ending September 2021 are out.

8 Likes

Good company to be in on the Apple App Store

8 Likes

Juno made it on the list too :joy:

25 Likes