Freetrade in the news šŸ—žļø

Reckon itā€™s all mixed in with the effect of unlimited referral bonuses though. When they curtailed that down to 10 a month unless youā€™re on their special list, they sort of took some control and responsibility for the influencers and whether or not they behaved themselves.

Will be interesting what direction they go in in the future with social stuff.

The second supervisory notice states with reference to the directions given: They are to remain in force unless and until varied or cancelled by the Authority (either on the application of the Firm or of the Authorityā€™s own volition) .

1 Like
11 Likes

No paywall

8 Likes

Good article but not sure FT would agree with ā€œIts expansion into crypto marks another bid for market share in the competitive day trading spaceā€ unless they do secretly want that whilst saying the opposite publicly about long term investors focus and not for day traders :slight_smile:

Other than that, it is a really good article with some positives and worrying at the same time especially the comment "It smacks of wishful thinking.ā€

There is a correction at the end of the article. But the bit that you referred to is not corrected, thus one can only assume that Freetrade agrees with the basic idea that its growth in some part is dependent on Crypto trading.

But more generally speaking the following comment is quite pertinent to stock broking in general:

The results of a company in an industry that has seen its fees decline as the boom in actions of memes during lockdown subsides.

The point is that in one form or another stockbroking depends on trading. So a naĆÆve thought might be no it doesnā€™t for Freetrade. But of course it does as Freetrade will make money on FX. This is why foreign denominated shares really matter to Freetrade. Fundamental part of the business model. Just for completion - yes of course it matters for all other brokers too. Perhaps we should be really happy about all the people talking about ā€œto the moon US stocksā€ be they mining or meme ā€¦ they are helping Freetradeā€™s revenue. Perhaps those with large static pots inside a ISA (r.e. no share lending) make little difference.

Interesting how all these things interplay.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s correct @adam has always said IPO 2023 BUT I would say now it wonā€™t be till 2024/25

2 Likes

Freetrade have just appointed Stuart Chapman as a new company director as per the Companies House filing today.

He is a director at Molten Ventures who are long time Freetrade investors - but until now have not had a seat at the table.

9 Likes

At least share the link to the Tweet you are trying to pass off as your own Brianā€¦:roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Will Turner from Molten was a director last year, says Companies House, so they had a seat at the table before.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t know how to share it,thanks for calling me out as I was trying to take the credit for myself :fist_left:t6::fist_left:t6:

Should you beware investing apps making it look easy? | This is Money

Freetrade mentioned at the start but luckily not lumped in among major players who entice new investors with the prospect of making quick profits.

Good to see that Freetrade featured in the comparisons table in mainstream press.

2 Likes
20 Likes

About time! Congrats, Shahid.

6 Likes

Interesting article today

8 Likes

I only posted the other day it felt like FT were getting ready to sale so owners/older investors would make a good amount of profit. R7 doomed though.

4 Likes

Crucial to see how management navigate these tumultuous times. Make or brake.

1 Like

JP Morgan Chase acquired Nutmeg. Wonder if theyā€™d add a Freetrade to their portfolio.

Hopefully just rumours. European expansion was meant to be the catalyst that made them a major player in the space. This would be an admission of failure to execute.

5 Likes

They have already failed to execute. No admission required.

They raised the money but didnā€™t deliver in time.

Sad times for investors.

12 Likes