Freetrade is crowdfunding on Crowdcube 🎈

You get sent a form to fill in and send to tax office, I’m PAYE so tax relief gets added to my tax code. I guess it’s different if you self assess. You need to claim the tax relief to be eligible for CGT relief when you sell, so don’t skip this or it will cost you a fortune when Freetrade IPO’s at a multi billion £ valuation :smiley:

4 Likes

And to add to Daves email. Filling in the eis form as a none self assessment individual is very easy. Don’t get scared by it asking for your tax number, there’s also an option for national insurance so just fill that in.

3 Likes

I was also wondering this

Or do we get sent a private link which will go live at 11:40

The link is shareable, so it might also pop up here, so much pressure :scream:

1 Like

This is what’ll happen.

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: AMA: Ask our CEO Adam your questions about our upcoming crowdfunding round :speaking_head:

Is it still important to do if you are investing small amounts?

Yes if the potential selling price puts you over the capital gains tax threshhold

1 Like

I just noticed the 1.5% Crowdcube fee, was this also levied during the previous round?
I don’t remember a fee being added to the invested amount.

That is definitely not the case. The levy was introduced in November 2018, whereas the funding was in May 2018.

Freetrade, however, would have paid a fee themselves, although we do not know what that fee is.

2 Likes

It’s a relatively new fee introduced by Crowdcube. I think @HannahCrowdcube could provide more information.

1 Like

On the question wiki it says there are no plans to include VC. Is this an ideological decision or purely that there’s no need yet?

2 Likes

Hi @gmullebr,

While we would love to continue providing a free platform to invest, a small investment fee was
introduced on 12th November 2018 introduced to cover some of our costs associated with providing
access to investment opportunities on Crowdcube. By introducing this fee, we can continue to
provide a platform that enables our members to invest in some of the most exciting and ambitious
businesses from across the UK and beyond, which previously would have been restricted to
institutional investors and ultra high net-worth individuals.

After thorough user-testing and a significant amount of engineering work, the investment fee, which
covers some of our costs associated with providing access to investment opportunities, is applied to
all investments made via the platform from that time onwards.

We published a number of FAQs about the investment fee prior to its launch in our Help Centre. To
ensure there wasn’t any confusion or lack of clarity on what investments the fee would be applied to,
updates to the investment process were timed to coincide with the launch of the fee.

3 Likes

Great question!

The mission is making investing accessible to everyone. It just fits.

And we are still at a point we can scale well with crowdfunding. The customer growth in the past seven months and the quality of the team we managed to build are hopefully strong evidence for our investors.

8 Likes

@saf @kenny

I know you’ve got some unanswered questions in this thread & I was going to move them over to this post AMA: Ask our CEO Adam your questions about our upcoming crowdfunding round 🗣 but it’ll mess with the flow of the conversation so would you mind posting them again there instead :pray:

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: AMA: Ask our CEO Adam your questions about our upcoming crowdfunding round :speaking_head:

Hi Viktor, I become member today . Am I going to get early access ?

3 Likes

Yes.

Everyone who downloaded the app (and entered their email address), signed up on the website or is a member of this forum will get the head start link at 11:40 AM. :+1:

2 Likes

Seriously. Valuation with more than 100M!!.
End of 2017, BUX (trading app) was valued €52M with more than 1M users (100K + real money customers) with big VC investments. I am sure that Freetrade previous round valuation in 2018 was done considering the current growth and app released on both platforms. Unless management see that current growth is more than previous prediction, I would have thought the new valuation should be moderate somewhere between £22 M to £25M. Anyway as someone mentioned already, it is a paper gain and road to real gain would be a bit long . May be 3 to 5 years .

2 Likes

15 posts were split to a new topic: Pre-emption rights for the next crowdfunding round