Freetrade is crowdfunding on Crowdcube 🎈

Interested to see what the share price is going to be.

Seems a shame that those who can attend a London event have access to sensitive crowdfunding information that we/I can’t?

1 Like

Limited audience vs the entire internet :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Then share with just Freetrade customers/ investors?

Hard to control the spread of information to that many people. And we don’t know how much they’ll say tonight

1 Like

A big question for a lot of prospective investors will be… is this round EIS eligible? Adam mentioned he is struggling with HMRC. Do we know when this will be announced and can it be announced retrospectively after the investment? I.e. during the 7 day cooling off period? Thanks!!

Don’t think he said they were struggling, just waiting for confirmation that they fully expect to get. £2million will be eligible out of £4million they are allowed to get in crowdfunding

It’s very likely to qualify for EIS, they’ll announce once it’s confirmed. I see it as more of a when than an if!

The £2m EIS allowance is first come first serve. Last time £1m went in the first 12 minutes so you’d need to get in early…

1 Like

I attended tonight. Interesting to hear their vision and plans but I’m not entirely convinced on a couple of things 1)expansion into Europe seemed to be a key plan for expansion but when questioned about it there doesn’t seem to be any plan in place for this expansion apart from something along the lines of “we’ll see how others did it and follow that philosophy” - I would have liked to have heard a more solid plan on that if you put it in the slides/pitch in the first place
2) creating revenue by charging a small amount for other trades such as fx. This now isn’t free trade is it? Even then I’m not convinced that this will be enough revenue to warrant investing in this
3) I worry that Revolute will take the market share of millennial investors at the expense of Freetrades hard work

I love the product and I truly believe they will hit somewhere near the million users. How many of them will spend money on a regular basis, enough for the business to be sustainable for the foreseeable future, I’m not convinced about. Im glad I went and I hope I do eat my hat in the future because it really is a great product and clearly they know what they are doing and have some great people on board. All the best

I don’t expect they will give away much more if anything that we would get in the investor deck, that said if there is anything more shared people who have attended have a mouth and fingers for typing. So unless only selected trusted favourites are invited anything shared in an open invite meeting should be shared with past investors too I would hope :grimacing:

Also there tonight. Liked everything I heard. Interesting that their fears were recruitment rather than competition to be honest - trading will always be an adjunct for Revolut whereas it’s the whole point for Freetrade. As for fx charges etc, as long as there is clarity then absolutely no issue - they need to make their money somewhere. As for the valuation, very reasonable. I think the first million will go in about 6 minutes., any takers?

2 Likes

Thanks for the update! And I agree 1st million will be in single digits this time and 2 million before it opens up to the wider investor pool

I don’t think there is clarity around the exchange charges. They are nestled in and difficult to see in app

Hi Andrew, thanks for the update. Can you share more details about valuation?

How much funding does free trade have?

What was the valuation?

1 Like

My overall takeaway from last night was that the valuation was very reasonable and that there is only around £2 million of EIS left. Go set up your Crowdcube account and be ready when you get the email. For new investors, EIS is a benefit that reduces (removes?) capital gains tax. If you think that Freetrade is going to grow massively then ensure you get your shares while EIS Is still available.

2 Likes

And what would that reasonable valuation be? Thanks

Reasonnable for existing shareholders or potential new investors like me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Any word on when the share deck will be released?

1 Like