Freetrade is Out šŸ”„ Share your first thoughts once you get access!

Hi, Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ve seen these two mentioned:

1. On the portfolio screen at the top is the Freetrade logo and the account icon. The other three tabs donā€™t have this. When I click on the Freetrade icon nothing happens. Could it hyperlink to something useful like a ā€œrefer a friendā€ link?
  2. A lot of my stocks are showing red numbers next to them. Iā€™d prefer green. :wink:

Thanks

11 Likes

I think the app is impressively polished for an Alpha/Test flight version.

My advice would be to accelerate (although dependant on authorisation and regulation) as much as possible the roll out of ISA/Freetrade Alpha/Sippā€™s etc. I am sold and would completely move my full Stocks/Shares Balance Sheet to Freetrade.

On another note and I know this was potentially declined when mentioned by the community, but please please please integrate with Monzo and allow me to have ā€˜Freetrade Potā€™, I know there are lots of Monzo staff trying to sign up for this, this to me is a HUGE no brainer. It would also just be phenomenal. Iā€™m not talking particularly advanced integration. Just the ability to see the value of the pot in Monzo.

12 Likes

I only got access to the app today and have made my first few trades. I have a couple of suggestions which I will add to my post as they crop up. Others may have suggested the same so apologies if I repeat anything already requested. In no particular order:

1. The option to select a particular number of shares (#) rather than an amount (Ā£). Iā€™m a little OCD and like to buy 5 or 10 or 15 shares etc. I had to keep adjusting the amount (Ā£) to get the right number of shares I wanted.

2. Can companies in Discover also be grouped? So Advertising, Banking, Commodities etc?

3. The option to watch companies? So have a personal list of companies you want to watch before buying. So rather than having to find them in Discovery each time, have a personal watch list I can check. A bit like Amazonā€™s ā€˜Wishlistā€™. Companies to come back and buy later.

4. The app to link to your community profile so it shares photo and investor badge.

6 Likes

Hey Anthony, you are not alone here! Feel free to vote for the idea you just proposed, as well as other Ideas :bulb: you find interesting and useful.

Filtering by the investment type and even sector is a great idea too, the more votes, the more likely it is to be prioritised.

It is your lucky day today, this has also been raised!

This is not something that has come up before, feel free to create such post in Ideas :bulb: if youā€™d like :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Exciting first day using the app!

Love the design; itā€™s clean and intuitive. Many thoughts I have are already mentioned by others, though here are some of my initial suggestionsā€¦

On the chart view, currently it only shows relative percentage change in price. I think itā€™d also be very useful to be able to see the absolute price of a stock, with the option to toggle between the two measures. Perhaps a scale on the bottom as well?

Understand weā€™re still in testing phase and not sure if this is a known bug or where to report this. Iā€™ve noticed that the stock movement description under the current price doesnā€™t always seem to reflect whatā€™s happening on the graph (see below). Would also be useful if this stock movement description changes dependent on the graph time scale.

https://i.imgur.com/dFhpdEC.jpg

The market closed before my money arrived, so havenā€™t had a chance to place my first trade just yet - that to look forward to tomorrow!

Thank you and congratulations to all at Freetrade that made this happen!

Very happy to be user #392, got my invite yesterday, set up, loaded money and even made my first trade!

As an iPhone SE user Iā€™m afraid a number of screens look weirdly cluttered, with the greyed-out button often overlaying other content, usually due to the keyboard taking up half the space. I was able to cope, but itā€™s something I think you should look at.

Today I made a queued order (yesterday I paid the Ā£1 for immediate), and my Portfolio page is showing Ā£124.38. Considering Iā€™ve only loaded Ā£100, bought about Ā£50 of shares, and my new queued order is about Ā£25, I think perhaps the calculation is going awry?

Same on the Account tab:

This is confusing to me.

2 Likes

Hi Tony, thanks for the feedback! Could you please send us a message via the live chat so that we can look into those issues :raised_hands:

1 Like

Looks great so far! Very happy to be in. One thing Iā€™ve noticed, when you are on the page of a stock, on the graph of performance when you press ā€˜maxā€™ it doesnā€™t seem to tell you how long that period is. Sorry if this has already been raised!

2 Likes

I thought exactly the same - I think itā€™s good people are raising the same points again - it means free trade have some indication of which things people find most important just by the frequency with which they come up amongst new users.

Iā€™d encourage everyone who hasnā€™t yet used their votes to head over to the ideas category and cast your vote for the feature you want the most, or add any new ideas you have to that list as well as posting impressions here. There is a discussion there of the Portfolio Chart Design which includes this idea:

5 Likes

Hi #user 466 here. Just got access to the app yesterday and done my first trade :slight_smile:

The app looks very slick and I enjoy the UI so far. However I have one suggestion for the monthly statement like to have one tab or section that shows the breakdown of the trades you have made and the breakdown of the fee and stamp duty.

Other than that I quite enjoy my experience with Freetrade so far :smiley:

4 Likes

just waiting to be verified

So far, so smooth.

2 Likes

#560. Enjoying a round number.

Just queued a bunch for 4pm with money that has been sitting doing nothing for a year :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

Just got access. Really like the UX. Clean, intuitive and easy to use. No bugs to report either and the basic and immediate trades worked. Iā€™m sure the below features/updates are on the roadmap but thought I would share:

• Showing the price rather than the % on the share performance graph. Itā€™s very difficult to ascertain how well my portfolio is performing
  • Being able to click on the graph so we can see what the price was at a given period
  • Watchlist. Somewhere you can add stocks you want to monitor. Also with an option of seeing the performance of that stock since you added it to the watchlist
  • The portfolio doesnā€™t actually seem to tell me if Iā€™m up or down. It would be good to have a monetary figure as well as a %.
3 Likes

For me, the portfolio graph doesnā€™t do anything at the moment. Iā€™d rather have the real estate to show my holdings.

+1 for this. Also allows me to bookmark them to buy later when I move funds in. :moneybag:

A couple of times Iā€™ve had rejected orders, any plans to put some sort of explanation alongside it?

1 Like

We will :sweat_smile:

Thereā€™s some more details (& please do vote for this idea) here:

Additional Info on Rejected Orders

1 Like

You can imagine my face when I get the email and android isnā€™t available :unamused:

3 Likes

I am in at #686.

Installed app on work phone after Alexā€™s email yesterday (Android user :roll_eyes:)

Just connected bank account and transferred a little to Freetrade account now waiting for it to show up. It would have been convenient to be able to copy the transfer reference number and on a small screen (iPhone 5) when entering NI number, the screen was bit weird couldnā€™t see what I was tying.

Canā€™t wait to start the trade though. :star_struck:

3 Likes

Just got the good olā€™ ā€œyouā€™ll get it todayā€ invitation email and found an older iOS device (mainly Android user here!) - I await my proper invite now :slight_smile:

Will share my thoughts once Iā€™m properly in!

3 Likes