Freetrade is Out šŸ”„ Share your first thoughts once you get access!

Seems to show first 6, which seems like a random number to cut off on.

Plus unsure how these are ordered, I thought it might be the latest first, but doesnā€™t seem like that now. In terms of default ordering, newest first or showing them alphabetically would make the most sense to me. Have I missed a obvious order here?

Ideally Iā€™d like a option to filter, order, and search the list on the Portfolio tab.

1 Like

Has there been any feedback with using Monzo? Positive or negative? Iā€™m debating which bank account to link up when I get the chance to sign up.

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen reports of very speedy transfers!

3 Likes

Thereā€™s at least one other benefit to using Monzo - your withdrawals from Freetrade are shown the day before they arrive in your account.

I like the fact that the transfer reference (for topping up) is saved as well so that you can reuse it easily, although I know that other banks do that too..

10 Likes

Sold! :sunglasses: I was a little concerned as I know there are issues with Revolut etc.

1 Like

Revolut is a prepaid card so isnā€™t supported.

4 Likes

Iā€™m afraid Transferwise is a prepaid card, similar to Revolut, and N26 isnā€™t a UK bank, so we wouldnā€™t be able to accept either.

3 Likes

First thoughts are extremely impressed for such an early phase! It took maybe just over an hour for my bank transfer from Monzo to show up on Freetrade.

Made 5 free trades seamlessly that are due to go ahead at 1600. Exciting times.

4 Likes

So I got access earlier today and access to the Testflight beta about an hour after that (user #87).

Registering was super easy, didnā€™t have to take a picture of anything (although I have memorised my NI number, so that made it easier to get through registration).

I didnā€™t like the fact that it took about an hour and a half for my transfer of funds to arrive :frowning: Are you working on reducing that timeframe?

My queued trades went through a couple of minutes after 4ā€¦ When I clicked on one to check it, it said it was queued for ā€˜Tomorrow at 4PMā€™, but it did go through about half a minute later. I think this is a bug.

I did worry when it looked like my account vanished, but apparently itā€™s a known bug and it was fixed quickly :+1:

All in all, looking good so far. Iā€™ll give it a more thorough inspection tomorrow when I get my new iPhone :slight_smile:

Liam

1 Like

Weā€™re definitely keen to reduce that time but it may take a little while, eventually we want to use Open Banking to enable you to make the transfer without leaving your Freetrade account.

8 Likes

A bit dissapointed by the indentity check so far.Takes quite a long time and interested why is that and is there anything that can be done from the user side to speed up the process.Maybe the fact that I put the wrong nationality have made it slower but would be good to have the whole process a bit more streamlined to be able to onboard users quicker.
As im a big fan of the app and dont mind waiting a bit longer for the general user that might be the difference between signing into your app or choosing a different one.
P.S. The live chat is a great option with very quick responses.Would be interesting to consider putting it in the app itself during the sign up process.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got to say Iā€™m very very impressed. The app was well worth the wait, it looks great, functions well and is very easy to navigate. Live chat is absolutely superb at dealing with any issues.

The onboarding ā€˜experienceā€™ was honestly one of the best I have seen from an app. Slick and speedy.

Couple of v minor points I would add at this stage:

Payments take hours to process. Is there a way of speeding this up? Is ā€˜faster paymentsā€™ an option?

The activity page looks very blank. Can you put something like ā€˜no transactions to showā€™ just to minimise the white space when this page is first viewed?

7 Likes

Thanks for the access folks. Waiting for my money to load!

First minor pointsā€¦

When putting in my name, it didnā€™t allow for autocomplete. I have a long name - autocomplete is nice. Understand if this isnā€™t acceptable.

Whenever I open the app, the first circle for the PIN is always highlighted, even without input.

7 Likes

Tom? :joy:

4 Likes

Haha give it a little while, after youā€™ve played placing trades etc it wonā€™t look quite so blank.

1 Like

Topped up from Monzo about 4 hours ago. Take anyone else this long?

Is there an official place to add feedback?

Iā€™ll list a couple of suggestions here:

1. On the discover screen, show the current price so you can see them all at a glance and donā€™t have to go in to each one.
  2. They are sorted by name. Add the ability to change the sort by name, price, category.
  3. Activity screen is blank. Add some text about what to expect on this screen.
  4. I know this would be low priority, but it would be nice if you could pull in recent news articles for each stock like the Apple stocks app does.

Some questions:

1. Why do I have to enter my back account details, then go into my banking app to transfer funds? And why is not deposited yet (nearly 2 hours).

2. If I place an end of day trade after the end of day, will this be executed at the end of the following day?

4 Likes

Mine was quick, they definitely use Faster Payment Service according to Monzo

1 Like

Also spotted that on some of the ETFs the link to the KID doesnā€™t work (nothing happens when you press)?

Yes it looks like the L&G websiteā€™s having some issues this evening.