Freetrade is Out 🔥 Share your first thoughts once you get access!

Waiting for checklists :slight_smile:

It highlights the circle you are about to pick a number for and fully fills it once you select. Looks different to what people are used to (no highlighting) and would have been better visible if the circles were bigger :slight_smile:

I am not sure but I think it only gets processed during working hours, so may show up early in the morning

This is to match the incoming funds against your registered bank account. Money laundering stuff compliance. I think all brokers do that.

1 Like

Amazing app, clean design and minimal yet packed with so much.

2 Likes

Tom of Albert the 1st Duke of Surrey Smith actually

But in a seriousness, my transfer took a while to appear as the names didn’t match. Trying to find out what was different :thinking:

You might be on to something Sherlock! Mine took seconds.

6 Likes

So what happens if we transfer money in from a different account, I wonder…

1 Like

User 136! Onboarding process is great and the design feels simple :slight_smile: Haven’t had the chance to play around with the app in depth but I have a few observations/suggestions.

First, if you accidentally cancel the touch ID prompt, then you will need to input your passcode to log on. Have you thought about an option to trigger touch ID when your on your passcode screen? i.e What Revolut does.

Secondly, I prefer analysing stock trend graphs using the currency value (rather than percentage). Appreciate some users may prefer a percentage graph so might be worth testing these out? Better yet, there might be a case for offer info on the currency value and percentage value (or an option to toggle between both). In addition, it would be nice to be able to zoom in on the price similar to the coinbase app (see attached).

I think we also need date values for the graph… when I tap on 1Y graph, I see a trend line but I’m unsure what period I’m precisely looking at (assume the past 12 months?). It gets more confusing when I tap on MAX graph, I don’t know how many years back I’m viewing or which year - so I think we definitely need to be sign posted with the years.

Cheers

Mike

4 Likes

It’s in now, thanks :grinning:

I suppose it should be rejected but I am not sure (maybe Alex could advise). Or maybe you need a linked account for withdrawals’ purposes.

To answer question 2. Yes they will be placed at end of next day, I’ve done this myself.

Also, has anyone found a way to enable touch ID after the initial question? My account vanished, and when it came back touch ID had been disabled :frowning:

You should be able to re-enable Touch / Face ID from your settings in iOS 12. Just to go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode > Other Apps & then switch toggle on for the Freetrade app.

1 Like

‘Something has gone wrong’ :cry:

Ah well, hopefully up and running tomorrow :sunny:

There’s no ‘Other Apps’ option I can see. I’m sure we’re talking about the master settings app? I’ve never known an iOS app enable touch ID like that…

1 Like

So the portfolio graph has been updated with the latest release, but I must admit I am struggling to understand it.

It says I am 149% up? Pretty sure I’m not.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! When this next update to the TestFlight app finally lands tomorrow, you should find that the graph makes a lot more sense.

Here’s what mine looks like now -

as you can see, it’s showing the total portfolio value in £s, instead of %.

4 Likes

Thanks, I thought it was me getting confused.

Maybe one day it will say 149% for real!

3 Likes

So what is your graph telling me? That your investments are currently worth approx £80? So what is the £108 at the top mean?

2 Likes

Well spotted :grin: the £108 is correct, the graph’s figure will be updated tomorrow - it’s updated each morning & the update went out today so it’s not been refreshed yet.

2 Likes

Is the update being rolled out to all testflight users?

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

3 Likes