Freetrade is Out 🔥 Share your first thoughts once you get access!

Can anyone explain why UK Dividend (UKDV) hasn’t got a share price so consequently the BUY button is greyed out?

1 Like

I’ve reported issues with it yesterday and this morning. Price wasn’t updating

1 Like

Hi Steve,

Thank you for bearing with us, we’re looking into this at the moment. If you could share some more details with us via the live chat, that would really help!

1 Like

Ah! Killing the app and relaunching has sorted the share price of UK Dividend (UKDV).

1 Like

@Freetrade_Team1 I got thro’ the onboarding smoothly, though was an inconvenience to type in NI number, sort code and account. I was expecting to copy and paste from my phone.

Second thought, I tried to do a “wire” from my IBKR account, but I need address and IBAN.

All the best and shall send more feedback, once funded and trading!

Shane

cc: @adam

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: First Freetrade orders

Still loving the app

Can’t wait to see how it develops

Wish I had money to play around more :joy:

At 4pm I should own my first share :no_good_man:

10 Likes

First impressions : very good indeed with a nice UI.

The ‘Max’ graph in Discover maybe needs a start date for context.

Being able to specify No. of Shares in the ‘Buy’ process would be helpful.

Contract Note screen is excellent.

Just to confirm - I specified the exact price for 2 Lloyds shares on a basic buy to test the outcome of a price rise before the trade executed later. The price indeed rose slightly and only 1 was purchased at 4pm. Is this the expected behaviour? ( I had withdrawable cash in my account to cover the extra couple of pence needed )

ETA : tested on an old 5c but starts speedily and no lag between screens. :star:

5 Likes

Hi Pigeonstrangler,

Something’s not quite right yet with topping up. I used live chat to get my funds added to my account. Funds appeared straight away after talking to them.

Steve

1 Like

Hey Steve, in the latest weekly wrap up Freetrade said they made “Improvements to account sync-ing”. Hopefully, this aspect addressed the top-up issues you have experienced and it is something that may not be the case next week :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Jim,

I did the exact same thing except both my trades failed, this is expected. The amount you type into the purchase screen should be the max your willing to pay and they will just process as many shares as possible for that amount. If like me you were only looking to purchase 1 and the price goes up it just fails.

So yes expected! But I have fed back I think some initial tutorial to make all these aspects clear would be perfect.

2 Likes

Testflight 418. Didn’t get a notification for this one either :thinking:

2 Likes

We’re going to send out a notification to everyone who’s testing the app tomorrow via the live chat tool to give them a heads up.

5 Likes

Same here, release notes say the change is

Portfolio value resilience

The chart shows a lower figure than the value above the chart for me, similar to Alex’s screenshot from yesterday.

Mine looks spot on but wasn’t much fluctuation overall to be shown

Could that be any more boring? :joy:

4 Likes

That’s some loss in a week no?

Nah it’s including cash withdrawals and the chart is evolving from what I can tell.

Rough maths, I’m up ~1%, like Del Boy says this time next year and all that :laughing:

3 Likes

Bit of a ‘stupid’ question, but when I onboarded I opted to replace the Freetrade app with the Freetrade TestFlight version. Should I have done this? I now have one app with a yellow dot next to it as opposed to say 2 apps (the original and test version).

1 Like

It’s not a stupid question, it’s a bit of a strange setup that Apple’s put in place! Yes you should have done that in fact, as far as I know, it’s not possible to keep the App Store version of an app as well as the TestFlight version :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The min and max on the y-axis could do with some work to show you the movement in portfolio value. There should be a dynamic min and max as you change the time period. Kinda like how Monzo or Revolut do it when you mess around with the time period.

Freetrade have an ace design team so I’m sure this will get addressed in due course. It’s a good placeholder in the mean time.

5 Likes