Freetrade is Out šŸ”„ Share your first thoughts once you get access!

Correct. Remember though the opposite can happen with an increase in share price. You would then only be able to buy 2 shares. Donā€™t forget stamp duty is payable with some purchases. Itā€™s a good idea to add a few more pounds to cover all scenarios.

2 Likes

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but a way to ā€œbookmarkā€ potential shares so you can monitor them prior to buying would be good

Also, I canā€™t see a way to possibly set a price youā€™d like to purchase shares at so that if the shares hit that price they automatically are purchased. It could be that Iā€™ve missed this function?

This is what you are after I believe :wink:

1 Like

Ok thanks, good to see itā€™s been asked previously. Is there an idea if\when it may be implemented?
Also, the other idea I mentioned about being able to set a price youā€™d like to buy at so it automatically purchases at that price?

That would be a limit order, vote over here

There is no timeline for that yet, but itā€™ll probably be after ISAs and theyā€™ve rolled out to more users.

1 Like

New R3 onboard the app - great onboarding and speedy bank connection process - very smooth.

All the comments above have covered the elements that could be added to - just wanted to say, great work to the team! Well done :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Not sure if it has been asked, but is it planned for the app to be ā€œuniversalā€ on iOS? I installed it on my iPad and itā€™d be great if it was optimised for bigger screens.

1 Like

Hi! Great app as a launch version and already feels slicker to use than IG, vanguard and Fidelity (although FT has less features). Iā€™ve been investing for about a year using other brokers before using FT
Only used the app for a few hours today and here are my thoughts (sorry if itā€™s already being covered)

• ability to set limit orders (day, GTC)
  • logo for GSK is incorrect - correct one below
  • seems to be awkward blank space at the top of the app when using an iPhone Xs plus. Screenshot below
  • also awkward gap at the bottom Nav bar
  • when viewing charts in ā€˜maxā€™ the time axis needs to be clear
  • prefer numerical charts vs. %
  • there are a lot of blank placeholder screens that could have some personality or useful info. Attached example from the IG app.
  • thereā€™s a slight lag in the transition when loading the max chart on some ticker screens
  • can the charts visually show when you entered the market and exited the market? See Vanguard for example
  • under stats could we have market cap and last traded price? And also make it clear this is a 24h/day hi And lo
  • maybe your profile can sit under the account tab?
  • could there be a way to show market closed/open on the discover tab list view. More helpful when we get more markets
  • having a trending shares or funds filter/tab would be cool
  • when I search for ā€˜bankerā€™ it shows a random and irrelevant resultā€¦
  • certain search terms should work but donā€™t (e.g. glaxo for GSK and Hargreaves lansdown for hl)

Iā€™ll add more feedback if you find any of this helpful!

8 Likes

70,000 broken on the waitlistā€¦cummon now!

5 Likes

I got access this week. I know funds have only been raised, but app is way less progressed that I would have hoped.
Hopefully with a larger team and new hires, it can be improved and launched to market soon, but with good standards.
Priorities (in my view) should be:

• Onboard more stocks (none of the first 5 picks that came to my mind were on the platform)
  • Add financial information of the companies (just as any broker app does). Doesnā€™t need to be a lot, but key one is important
  • Chart - when moving from 1d to 7d to 1y, the growth rate needs to update. Keeping the ā€œtodayā€ performance is not good enough
    Thoughts?

Outside of US stocks, interested to hear what these are?

2 Likes

Iā€™m unsure whatā€™s the bottleneck when it comes to onboarding new stocks, maybe thereā€™s a good way to bring a large bulk on, but the list is a Long oneā€¦ Uk stocks such as NMC health, Sophos, Defenx, ā€¦? European stocks such as Volkswagen, Telefonica, Banco Santader, ā€¦?

One more point - for some reason, Russell Midcap displays the Deutsche Bank logo. That should be amended.
Thank you

Itā€™s Deutsche asset management on the KID with that logo

1 Like

helloā€¦I must say I am dissapointedā€¦itā€™s already Thursday and I didnā€™t received the appā€¦

Did you get a notification that you reached the end of the queue just before Tuesday? In either case, it will be best to contact in-app support since the forum is slightly segregated from those kind of issues.

If you text them now, most likely you will have a response by 10 am tomorrow.

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™ve sent you a DM.

Send them on here:
https://freetrade.io/stock-request/

Weā€™ll bring more stocks into the app! Weā€™re still rolling out and building things. (Kind of easy to forget with the user numbers and how things are going, which is awesome. :sunglasses: )

7 Likes

Can I suggest you try and build a stock trading company from scratch and see how you get on? Be a radiator, not a drain.

2 Likes