Freetrade is Out 🔥 Share your first thoughts once you get access!

Really excited to be up and running and to have made my first trade! Feedback I would have added has been covered above but wanted to pass on a big vote of congratulations to the entire team. Onboarding was straight forward enough - registration was straight forward however fund transfer was a slight pain. UX is sleek and simple - big fan of the layout. Easy to navigate, easy to process. Excited to see FT continue to take shape over the coming months. Onwards and upwards!

2 Likes

Hi Andrew,
It was not my intention to sound as a drain - I am probably as excited as you are about this app.
I’m trying to provide constructive feedback, based on my experience on other broker apps.
I have spent some good time thinking of names and uploading those I think are key and are missing with the aim to make of Freetrade a better app for the users, which will ultimately drive how successful the official launch is.

11 Likes

Done, thanks Viktor!

Hey everyone,

I’ve been lucky enough to be the #2133 user and I’ve managed to buy a couple of shares.

The onboarding was smooth and was super easy

• Activity tab would be nice to have some information on what is it when you’re waiting for your first deposit to go through

• Discover search would be great if it could work with any part of the word instead of from the start eg. “fish” would bring back “Kingfisher”

• In portfolio I’d prefer to have my share value to be separate from my investable cash

• It’d be nice to choose your order type default, although if this is the main way freetrade earns its money it’s understandable

• I’d like to buy per share

• Is there any reason the header (Logo and user) is gone from the other 3 tabs?

Thanks,
Ben

9 Likes

Hey Ben, I moved your feedback to this thread so that it is easier for Freetrade to gather it with everyone else’s.

2 Likes

Perfect, thanks Vlad!

1 Like

Some ideas which I think would be good based off using the app for a week.

• Ability to search categories i.e. stocks or ETFs, maybe even different markets such as tech, financial etc. (or could be done as filters instead of categories)
  • Somewhere to see money gained from dividend payments, perhaps even a whole new screen that shows info such as how much and from what stocks/ETFs
  • Option show portfolio as pie chart
  • Option to set graph to show only value of stocks, not value of stocks + cash on account
  • Perhaps a news sections (could show global news or only news about stocks you own)
  • Notifications when there is big movement in price of stocks you own (alerts?)
6 Likes

Hey and welcome to the community! :slight_smile:
I have moved your post here because your set of ideas is quite extensive and when it comes to posting them in the #ideas section, they need to be devoted to a single aspect.

Also, some of your ideas are already represented:

Searching | Dividend gains | Pie Chart | Stocks’ performance without Cash | Alerts (and the alternative)

Feel fere to spend your votes to support those ideas!

Also, I do not think “Global News” section has ever been proposed so feel free to create a dedicated topic for that.

3 Likes

Great polish to the app. Feels very considered design wise and is simple and easy to use. Its missing a bookmark / save feature on the discover page (I’d like to be able to save stocks I’m interested in for when I have money in my free trade account) this is something Degiro has already and I use all the time. It’s also quite limited in terms of stock offering right now. So I’ll be putting some requests in. As it is I would :heart: it to be my primary investment app, but without the stocks I want I wont be making it my number 1. When itv has all the stocks I want I’d be more than happy to start paying the monthly fee and use it as my main S&S isa.

5 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Skip the waitlist - give / request Freepasses

Agree on the performance chart. Not that useful. Doesn’t distinguish the funds you use to buy shares with the underlying price increase. Would be good to know what my return on investment was on the portfolio.

Would also be good in the activity to be able to see what profit or loss was on the sale of shares.

1 Like

Overall, it’s slick!

1 Like