Freetrade is the 2nd largest retail stock broker in the UK!

latest update FT are now the second largest behind HL!!

The below was posted when FT were third!
Excellent stuff FT. Mentioned during the last AMA and just posted on the current crowdfunding round:

Here’s a data point we haven’t shared before: We are the third largest retail stockbroker in the UK .

This is based on the number of trades through the London Stock Exchange’s RSP network. The data covers all of 2020 and is from the LSE itself and how it tracks market share amongst retail stockbrokers.

That’s an incredible stat given we only removed the waitlist and launched publicly in April 2019. We went to third place in the span of a year!

It’s amazing to be making progress on our mission to get everyone investing, and there is even more coming.

Investing in startups and early-stage businesses involves risks, including illiquidity, lack of dividends, loss of investment and dilution, and it should be done only as part of a diversified portfolio. Always remember to look at the risk warningon Crowdcube’s website before investing.

Freetrade does not provide investment advice and individual investors should make their own decisions or seek independent advice. Your capital is at risk when you invest. The value of investments can go up as well as down and you may receive back less than your original investment.

14 Likes

Thats pretty cool. Do we know how that stacks up in total trade value for the same time period?

This is awesome. Congrats team :freetrade:

That’s a fantastic achievement. Well done.

Is there a “league table” available somewhere with numbers? I’m curious to see how far Freetrade is from 2nd.

2 Likes

What about by number of investors on the platform or total amount invested through the platform (number of investors x average portfolio size)?

Was it mentioned where Freetrade ranks on those metrics?

1 Like

Who are the top two??? H.L, AJ Bell??

Well done! :+1:

Adam just confirmed Freetrade are now the second biggest retail stock broker by trade volume behind HL!!! Great stuff Freetrade :trophy::1st_place_medal:

17 Likes

Brilliant so glad I topped up my investment on both raises. Yipeeeee!!!

2 Likes

Do you have a link to the data source?

5 Likes

Yeh, just reading this, I don’t like when people don’t post a source. I wanted to check what is actually classified as a broker.

1 Like

Sales rep at the London Stock Exchange, good enough? :wink:

1 Like

That’s not really a cited source, haha. Does this comparison count Trading 212 as a broker? As they go through a 3rd party, I believe.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.