Freetrade NFTs

Can someone link me to the Etherscan for the NFT? Alternatively: send me your wallet address and I will find the NFT code myself :slight_smile:

1 Like

I rounded down because I didnā€™t know I was at the limit :face_with_head_bandage: I wonder if I can register interest to buy 1 more share.

3 Likes

There is no Freetrade NFT released as of yet. I just created an example / photoshop of what a Freetrade NFT could look like, for fun :sunglasses: So theyā€™ll be no etherscan link and nobody will have one in a wallet at the moment. My guess is weā€™ll probably hear something NFT related Q1 2022.

3 Likes

What, you are telling me that @CashCow and I donā€™t have the first 2 genuine FT NFTs :disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

Probably the prototypesā€¦ which technically could be worth more :wink: :joy:

I did build an NFT Mortal Kombat game if you want to check it out:

We could convert that into a Freetrade game :partying_face: (CashCow / Big-g would obviously be main characters :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:)

3 Likes

That looks cool, I will have to look properly at that when I get home later. :+1:

2 Likes

Applaud FT experimenting in this way. Its a good learning opportunity and given coinbase are launching an nft marketplace soon thereā€™s a clear direction of travel which it seems FT have a sense of.

The next generation of investors will have very different expectations to ours - and change is happening very quickly.

2 Likes

to be honest, I am more concerned about whether existing investor who have contributed enough to be considered a founding member will get one. I personally feel they should - utility can be created at any point in time, and the unknown nature gives it an arbitrary speculative value.

and probably more liquid than their actual shares at the moment!

2 Likes

I hope itā€™s a layer 2 NFT :slight_smile:

1 Like

It looks like the Freetrade Team are all keeping their lips sealed on this NFT thingā€¦ which seems like a bit of a mean way to treat crowdfunders that dropped Ā£10,000.

I normally love a mystery but Iā€™m just itching to see if there are any perks for this perk or if itā€™s a perkless perk in which case why not just give one to everyone who crowdfunded any amount no matter how small.

Why the secrecy?! I wonder if crowdfunders at this level have accidentally just joined the masons or scientology!

3 Likes

Round 6 swag took longer to ship and that was a fairly defined reward - I wouldnā€™t expect to hear anything concrete on an NFT until at least late next year if not beyond. Hopefully it will be worth the wait!

1 Like

inb4 freetrade lets u trade nfts on the app and has an nft platform. wouldnā€™t be that hard to give u the nft, if they do this youā€™ll get the NFT before you could buy / sell other NFTs (holding an NFT is very easy to implement if theyā€™re already adding crypto. The actual market place is very very hard :sweat_smile: )

Hey @Freetrade_Team !! Congrats on the extremely successful UK Crowdfund raise!! I noted that one of the investor rewards for R7 included NFTs - I was wondering, for those of us who invested in R1 - would you consider minting NFTs for each of the R1 investors? Itā€™s a far smaller group and would be a pretty special thing to own!

1 Like

Well that would not be fair for those who invested in other rounds :expressionless:

1 Like

Sounds like youā€™re creating a market based demand for the Freetrade NFT already! Youā€™re an R1 investor and youā€™re a bajillionaire now so start making offers to the people that got one :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Oh Iā€™ve just noticed that our community leader Samuel has changed the topicā€™s heading from being specifically about the R7 Freetrade NFT to ā€œFreetrade NFTsā€. Thatā€™s a lot more general but it still doesnā€™t give us any clue as to what the Ā£10,000 backers are getting as their perk!

2 Likes

The real question is - will the gain on your Freetrade NFT be subject to the Crowdcube 5% Carry fee? :thinking:

That might make it the single best investment you can make in Freetrade this time around. :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Haha not the ā€˜successā€™ fee debate in this thread too :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

NFT is Collins Dictionary word of the year.

1 Like

What is a NFT?