£1bn is about 50x growth, wow if you put £1000 down today there is a good chance it will be worth £50,000 not too far in the future… now if only I had £20,000 to invest I could be a millionaire with £1bn evaluation … assuming no more dilution
Wondering if someone can clarify for me a few quick ones - might have gotten confused in all of this?
- New Crowdcube investment round is coming soon yes? Within weeks?
- Being a community member gets you an earlier invite to this? I have been on the list for a good while with a few referrals (not many friends interested in investing unfortunately) but I only today realised that my waiting list thing was not an account on the forums (been just lurking it seems). Do I need to do anything else to get the early invite?
- The investor badge is that for people who have already managed to invest? Or is it to show that you want to invest next round or both?
Very excited for the chance to invest!
It’s for people who have already invested.
100 replies! Get your badge, fellows!
£500 = jump the queue IMO, that’s a pretty good amount to show commitment
I’ve created this Wiki to collect the answers to frequently asked questions about the next CrowdCube raise here
Glad to hear it! just to be clear I’m really pleased with the existing investment that I made in the past and wish you all the best for this raise. I’m now weighing up whether I should invest again in this round and not seeing any benefits that I haven’t already qualified for within budget. My suggestions would be:
- Allow people to gift additional benefits gained to another person e.g. if I qualify for a second founder status on this raise then allow me to gift that to my wife
- Do a special batch of rewards for repeat investors e.g. brew special IPA with local london brewer / special colour version of the hoodie for repeat investors / freetrade calculator / …
- Brewdog do this very well as each round there are new and different rewards available to keep people coming back for more rather than investing once and leaving at that
What will the share price be for the fund raise?
54p / share
Details are coming tomorrow.
Are the details coming in writing only or with an ability to fund the third round straightaway?
The details will come as a heads-up in writing. We’ll share the plan (e.g. the date!), key details for the raise, etc.
That’s great. I believe people here are setting their Apple Pay balances to pledge on Crowdcube as soon as it is open.
Monzo raised £1m in 96 seconds once. Freetrade may well have a similar demand, so on that day I might need to take a day off to stare on my screen, making sure the opportunity is not missed!
The round will start at exactly 1pm on that day, so you can just do it on your lunch break!
That more than reassuring, thank you very much indeed!
Waiting for tomorrow’s details now.
Is there a risk the round will close pretty quick? or will it be left open to rack up £millions?
I.e. do I need to get my trigger finger ready.
We will consider allowing overfunding, but the best way to make sure you get to invest is to pledge your investment during the initial 24-hour private phase.
Could you do me a huge favour, could you grow another 2000% again after I invest?
That would be awesome
Take Robinhood as an example (they are quite similar in many respects, were even crowdfunded). They now have a circa $6bn valuation and they only operate in America and Australia.
Freetrade could potentially have the exposure to 500m population EU market.
The valuation is just £18m now. Let’s take a conservative market value of £2bn in 10-15 years. That would be 10000% growth potentially.
Not that I advocate for investing in Freetrade, but I personally have utter and ultimate trust in the team and the only two things I regret in my life is that I did not get to know Freetrade in rounds 1 and 2.
I will not miss round three for the world!
I’m the same, missed round 1 and 2. But £18m is still getting in at the ground level in my opinion.