Freetrade 2021 Crowdfunding Round

28 Likes

Wake Me Up When September Ends Green Day Wake Me Up When September Ends - Google Search

29 Likes

Iā€™ve been feeling that way for a bit :wink:

2 Likes

Theyā€™re so waiting for that 1,000,000-th customer!

Either they will spin it this month e.g. ā€œwith almost 1 million customers ā€¦ etcā€ or weā€™ll have to wait until end of October.

Maybe the Ā£2 billion cheque from SoftBank is taking a while to clear?

8 Likes

It will be waiting for the 1 mill customers. So expecting October some time

3 Likes

ThereĀ“s still 20 more days until the end of September guys. They said itĀ“d be in Septemberā€¦ so keep the faith.

Anyways, I think the important thing, more than the exact timing of the next crowfunding round, is that the FT team keep doing a good job to build the best trading app and keep working towards launching internationally asap.

4 Likes

Exactly. Keep the faith. Play the long game. :gem::raised_hands:t2:

2 Likes

Itā€™s not happening in September, they just havenā€™t made it official.

Probably because they are a lot further away from an EU launch than expected. They stated we would get EU stocks first so once that has been rolled out we can start to guess when the EU launch and subsequent crowdfund will be!

Would be nice to get some communication, I donā€™t understand the radio silence.

15 Likes

Hi everyone

We will definitely crowdfund in 2021 but it may be a little later in the year now.

Youā€™ll be the first to know!

Have a great weekend :palm_tree:

64 Likes

Well thatā€™s it, Iā€™m moving all my savings to my beloved AJ Bell. I think I was being hasty, I reread Samā€™s post and itā€™s obvious to me now.

OCTOBER 1ST CROWDFUND CONFIRMED

25 Likes

6 Likes

At least it should be at a higher valuation if its later in the year than now pre EU launch and prior to millionth user :wink:

7 Likes

Hope it means the possibility that a crowdfund is aligned with a VC raise.

5 Likes

The only thing getting me through September was the thought of a raise.

The only thing getting me through October-December was discussing and salivating over the new share price.

Now ā€¦

28 Likes

Was the announcement one of those post 2mins before departing office on a Friday to let the weekend calm down the reactions :joy: In all seriousness though it is better to be done at the right time for FT than a wanted date from the forums.

6 Likes

Fair play to @Freetrade_Team for letting us know. I can imagine the forum if there was continued speculation all of September and then no communication at the end of the month

8 Likes

Ha :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

Waiting a tad longer so they can tput the 1M user figure in the deck

2 Likes

Why would you hope for that? It would just mean more dilution before it is actually necessary. I wouldnā€™t think they need the funds just yet. Iā€™m honestly happy for them to forego this yearā€™s fundraise if they have the runway to wait, but I think itā€™s a case of them wanting to involve the crowd every year, as they have done since inception.

2 Likes

Great to hear, thatā€™s all we needed, thanks Sam!

2 Likes