Freetrade staff do not respond to my issue, what to do next?

I have an ISA account with freetrade since Nov. 2020. Yesterday, when I opened my freetrade.io mobile app, I saw the following message:

“It looks like we don’t have a valid payment method for your monthly ISA fee. Your ISA will be on hold until you’ve added one in your account settings.”

I don’t think there is an issue with payment because:

• I have verified that I have a valid payment method added in my account setting
  • My bank statement shows that the monthly fee of 3 pounds was taken by freetrade on Jan. 26, 2021
  • I received payment confirmation email from freetrade with the title “Thanks for your January ISA subscription payment”.

I think this issue is related to something else and I cannot figure out what it is. I have been trying to contact freetrade staff since yesterday via email (to hello@freetrade.io) and using the chat feature in the mobile app. Nobody has replied yet. Because of this, I am unable to trade anything using the freetrade app. This is very frustrating and I have started lose faith in this app. I hope one of the staff members reads this and contacts me.

Best wishes
SK

It sounds like a bug, it certainly sounds like you have everything covered but as for customer care, freetrade have seen an absolutely incredible influx of customers over the last week or so, today must have seen close to 10,000 new customers when the norm before Christmas was less than 1k.

They will sort you out, perhaps if @MeghanB26 sees this, she may be able to help.

2 Likes

Hi Ska :wave:

I’m really sorry to hear this. I’ll DM you now to discuss and hopefully we can get this sorted quickly. :pray:

Unfortunately we are still very busy and are working outside of our normal response timeframes. Thanks for your patience.

5 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.