Freetrade's crowdfunding round 📈

Crowdcube failed identically for Monzo’s raise back in 2016. 3 years on, and they appear to have learnt nothing. About as expected from Crowdcube’s normal level of competence

10 Likes

So what has actually happened?

/

is going to?

They’re not only messing up on Freetrade’s funding, they’re messing up everyone elses. Not acceptable !

1 Like

“a bit later today” - well this is simply not good enough!
I don’t want to miss out, but also can’t afford to sit round all day watching this thread for an update.
Can you be more specific about when it’s going to be back up please?

And they messed up the opportunity for many of us to be eligible for the EIS

1 Like

Did FT have this issue with their last crowdfunding round?

I always thought having a page inside the Freetrade app using the Freetrade servers would’ve made more sense. After all it’s an investment app

1 Like

There was too much demand, and the Crowdcube website crashed. Crowdcube have gone offline to try to fix it. They’ll be back later when there is less traffic to servers (probably they are hoping demand will just be less spiky later anyway). Not satisfactory but at this stage there’s not much freetrade can do about this, we’ll just need to wait.

Those who did invest should probably avoid crowdcube today just to let others have a chance later.

Today is a great argument for doing any future rounds in-app without dependence on crowdcube infrastructure.

2 Likes

The saying “Hug of Death” comes to mind

1 Like

Really? 50k doesn’t get you Free alpha for life? I thought it is >=

Alpha for life is £25,000. Dinner with Freetrade is £50,000. “>=” will limit your investment to £49,999.99

2 Likes

Is there still a place that we can access the perk list? :slight_smile:

It’s like Glastonbury all over again
 :grimacing:

3 Likes

by the way I understand a lot of this mess is crowdsube’s fault - but I’m also upset at freetrade for having decided to give 20mins early access to existing users; monzo gave 24h to existing users in their last round; 20mins? that’s nothing and it wasn’t even “private” access in the end, it was just basically made public to everyone at the same time

9 Likes
Amount Title Reward
£10 Investor badge An “Investor R4” badge in your Freetrade profile screen and community forum.
ÂŁ100 Investor app icons A selection of unique investor app icons for the Freetrade iOS & Android apps, plus the badge from the previous tier.
ÂŁ500 Freetrade socks and water bottle A pair of our famous Freetrade socks, a water bottle to keep you refreshed on the move, plus everything from the previous tiers.
ÂŁ1,000 Freetrade Alpha Freetrade Alpha for free for 3 months, plus everything from the previous tiers.
£5,000 Founding Member Freetrade Alpha for free for 12 months, a “Founding Member” badge, plus everything from the previous tiers.
£50,000 Alpha for Life Freetrade Alpha for free for life, an ”Alpha for Life" badge, plus everything from the previous tiers.
2 Likes

I do agree with this

1 Like

“Investment restricted to certain users”

:pensive:

who else is stuck on the investor assesment?

1 Like

Yeah they have shut it down for now

1 Like