Freetweb (Unofficial Freetrade Web Client)

I love it. I’ve wanted this for a long time.

Of course, there are many people who hate using a fiddly little smartphone to do their work, especially when it requires accurate data entry. If smartphones were the way to do professional work, why does every hip millennial use a laptop in a coffee shop, and why has MS Office never taken off on smartphones, despite it being free. I hate the way useful modern services are only delivered on smartphone platforms, where it is difficult to type, cut-and-paste, have two apps open at once (many require reauth if backgrounded) and so on.

Laptops themselves are a compromise over multi-screen desktops, but there’s nothing you can’t do on a laptop, unlike a phone.

[Rant over]

2 Likes

A useful public API for any fintech app would be a Google Sheets add-on, From Google Sheets you can then do almost anything with your data, without any coding skills.

It’s makes sense from a business perspective. Hyper growth first, web/iPad/desktop apps will come later. Just a question of time.

Freetrade app will work on arm based Macs from day one later this year or next year.

1 Like

I imagine ARM-based Macs will also contain the long-awaited iOS emulator, which will make the issue moot. All we need now is Instagram to allow desktop or API posting, and we 1980s never-Windows hipsters of the past will be happy. I would happily pay £000s for a working clone of my iPhone on my 3 x 4k + MacPro desktop

Thanks all, we think this is a great project and we’re glad to see it. We hope to provide support and our own web version as soon as possible. Until then users can use unofficial products however we would not be able to support you as the site is not maintained in-house. We’ve asked Zach to remove the official branding to make it clear this is the case, which he’s very kindly done. We hope to provide more official API support later in the year after which this work becomes even more valuable!

24 Likes

super cool! would love to try this
having a feature that allows downloading reports of the current position would be super useful
even if from a simple table view (perhaps from some sort of a printer friendly view) with information like ticker, name, units, total price, which could be pasted on google sheets easily would allow more easily analysing investment performance more granularly

Hi everyone,

:loudspeaker: I’m ready to expand the private beta! :grinning:

I’m looking for users who are willing and able to give constructive feedback on the project.

If you would like to join, please DM me with the following:

• The email address you use for your Freetrade account.
  • What you are hoping to get from a web client.

Your email address will NOT be shared with anyone.

10 Likes

I started playing around with search tonight and implemented a basic search page :mag:

What do you want to be able to search or filter by?

4 Likes

I’ve just released an improved search with filters, pagination, and match highlighting.

Here’s a screenshot:

22 Likes

Superb :star_struck:

1 Like

Looking very good! This is definitely one of the features I would expect and use from a :freetrade: web app. Another thing I’d definitely use if available would be a “sort by date added feature” in conjunction with the already implemented filters. Example use case would be quickly checking Tech stocks added in recent batches. Again great work!

You’re killing it. This is superb work.

3 Likes

This is amazing, well done!! If you want to vamp it up a bit when looking at a particular stock, take a look at Stockopedia (free 14 day trial). I think what they’ve got is awesome.

This would be easy enough to add, but it doesn’t look like Freetrade store or expose added dates. :frowning:

Would love to see weekly or monthly top 10 or 20 gainers and loosers.

Please release this for us, it’s now too unwieldy handling lots of stock on a mobile phone.
PleAse please release a PC based app.

Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi was wondering, I have Freetrade installed on my android mobile phone. But can I access my account from my Windows laptop?

I noticed the Freetrade website only seems to show Playstore and App store logos to get the app so imagine that you can only access your account from having installed it on a Apple or Android device.

I tried to login to this forum using my Freetrade user #xxx,xxx and my account shows my email address, but when using these credentials the response is “no account exists” message. So confused

this is not related what user number are you?

1 Like