FX Rates - any progress on this? Far above market levels of 0.1%

I seen that graph before, however the FTSE looks a lot better in the version with dividends reinvested. (s&p still wins but I think mostly because of the aforementioned big tech companies) .Average yield in the FTSE is higher. so the total return is much closer. I invest in both US and UK stocks. I just think a lot of people dismiss UK stocks without looking at the total return including dividends

Total return

5 Likes

@kenny @Dave

2 Likes

So yours from. Bloomberg is til 2018 and mine above is til 2019.
We really need a graph with 2021 data.
Here is some additional to what you posted:

On New Year’s Eve 1999, the FTSE 100 closed at a then-record high of 6930. Few could have envisaged then that, 19 years on, the index would be lower. It stood at 6845 as at 14 December 2018. A negative return for investors over that long a period can be concerning, but it doesn’t tell the whole story of index returns.

While price-wise the FTSE 100 has fallen since 31 December 1999, if you include dividends the index has actually returned 93.5% over the same period (or 3.54% a year), according to Schroders’ calculations.
Dividends are a form of income paid out by companies to investors.

TIME IN THE MARKET NOT TIMING THE MARKET

Source

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.