GameStop - GME - Share Chat

I agree. However, in this case GameStop do not need to develop games, they only need to develop platform and exchange services which can be integrated into the games within unreal/unity, etc. However, this requires deep integration with studios, and I suspect that’s where the difficult lies. While this is not a small undertaking, it is much more trivial compared to actually making games. Source: I’m a developer, many of my friends and colleagues work/have worked in the AAA games development industry.

This is an incredible idea too!! Especially if they provided a service for validating your existing physical cards into NFTs.

Epic’s problem is less that the market is too tough and more because everyone hates them for the dubious ethics and their awful software borne from an era of malware DRM. Gamestop have the advantage of (currently) having Tesla-esque positive market sentiment and a clean slate on which to draw from modern technologies.

Some of are old enough to remember when Steam came out, everyone hated that then. It was like why the %&*$ do I need to connect to the internet to play single player half life 2? :laughing:

6 Likes

I was there too :stuck_out_tongue: I stand by my statement though - different time, different culture, different problems.

Gensler raises concern about market influence of Citadel Securities

2 Likes

Any sign of FT removing the arbitrary 25k cap or they still adamant the best approach is to wait to need to remove it before doing so? Likely costing us poor suckers lots of money.

I thought perhaps i can limit sell fractions for 25k to get around it but it just halfs the 25k for .5 of a share, and you can only have 2 orders at a time…I’ve only got 200 but fml, it will take forever and I’ll be selling for 25k whilst the world sells for whatever the actual going rate is.

1 Like

This has been discussed to death already. The current argument (active only a couple of minutes ago) is over here: GameStop: What if they’re right? A question for Freetrade

There are also more appropriate threads to discuss this on, e.g. here: Limit Sell 200%+

Now that the chat in this thread has finally got back to interesting discussions about the company’s fundamentals and future, it’d be nice if we kept it on topic and have the distractions somewhere else in one of the many other threads.

5 Likes

Trigger buy order not being fulfilled :angry::unamused::unamused:

I see people on Revolut have been able to vote. To my knowledge, Revolut uses DriveWealth for its US trades, the same as Freetrade. Raises the question as to why we can’t also vote?

3 Likes

According to last night’s hearing in The USA, there’s a narrative that retail need to be protected from themselves.

Some of the older politicians didn’t have a clue and they avoided questions of naked short selling like ebola.

A contract is a contract, so I hodl.

1 Like

Any links to this information?

I’ve been told by Freetrade customer service that we won’t be able to vote…I would have to dig out the message for the specific reason.

I have a nagging feeling that I shouldn’t just accept this, I mean if you’re the owner of a share and you didn’t receive dividends :exploding_head: people wouldn’t accept this so why is not allowing voting something they can just say is the case

4 Likes

Like the comment and may be true but never underestimate the US politicians ability to plead ignorance and change laws to suit the money men :+1: They would literally read a kids book aloud in congress to avoid laws happening and the voting laws show they are not concerned at all about ethics.

This is a fundamental flaw in the whole 25k issue.

And you say a contract is a contract but i counter a right to vote is a right to vote until the politicians decide it isn’t. :man_facepalming: It is crap and wrong but it is also a fact of life.

Another fact of life: shorts must cover.

2 Likes

Influx of reddit Revolut users reporting on getting voting info.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Superstonk/comments/my3jzr/finally_got_my_revolut_vote/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Superstonk/comments/mxgnjl/europoors_revolut_are_now_sending_emails_with/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Superstonk/comments/my9coz/confirmed_revolut_users_can_vote_too_i_just/

etc.

Revolut uses drivewealth: DriveWealth Powers Commission-Free Trading for Revolut Cardholders - Finovate

Freetrade also use drivewealth: https://twitter.com/freetrade/status/1356627888653668356 &
Drivewealth Gamestop outages hits Revolut and Freetrade users, as firms brace for more volatility - AltFi

Presumably the possibility is there, but Freetrade simply haven’t prioritized building the technical infrastructure to allow voting via drivewealth.

1 Like

Thanks for posting this.

I’ve just checked the message from support team and they mention…

“…unfortunately we aren’t operationally set up to carry out proxy votes…”

“…as Freetrade is the nominee shareholder, this means that we carry out proxy voting on your behalf, but as we aren’t operationally set up for this currently we can’t process this for you I’m afraid…”

4 Likes

Was taking a look at the “corporate actions explained” blog post but I’m guessing voting isn’t under this umbrella? (please correct me if I’m wrong)

I remember a situation relating to the Just Eat merger, FreeTrade didn’t appear to be operationally set up to handle this as I had to fill in a google sheet and I’m guessing FreeTrade processed things from there.

This seems to line up with this quote from the blog thread that they would perform corporate actions manually if contacted

Would love to know why FreeTrade are able to process a shareholders response to corporate actions but not voting…is it a complexity thing or just an operational nightmare?

5 Likes

To be fair you are 100% right :+1: FT know how important this is to some of it’s members as they often reply to messages on the forum so they are very poor in not making a statement clear about the whys and why nots.

It wouldn’t be the hardest thing to set up a voting system so they could vote on peoples behalf. This is basic customer service and not talking about the negative parts of what FT do/don’t offer is their big weakness. Seems they put the head in the sand and hope it will pass by :joy: :man_facepalming:

1 Like

It would be good if they could set up a form in google sheets and just let us select our options, and then they could just send that off to drivewealth on a certain date.

1 Like

NSCC 002 just got pushed back. 21/6 is the latest date. They can’t keep kicking the can down the road forever. More reason for me to tighten my grip.

Source: NSCC Rulemaking

2 Likes

All the time it keeps trading sideways at $150-170 people will keep buying… How long until we run out of shares to buy :joy:

1 Like

Oh, I know this one. It’s one of the emojis x 10.

2 Likes