GameStop - GME - Share Chat

Agreed. The number of shares appears, but this is not listed as a dividend, otherwise it would have appeared on my activity feed as a dividend (which it has not).

Are we in the same boat as Germany ?

3 Likes

I’ve just asked support the Q

1 Like

I’ve been asking them for some time now. I was initially asked why it was I wanted to know this. They’ve said they’ve now raised this as a feature request. Surely dividends are automatically recorded in the statement? This has been treated as a standard split here too it seems.

2 Likes

I had 2 messages from FT. The first said I’d be getting a stock split in the form of a dividend. The second said I’d got a stock split.

3 Likes

I missed that subtle difference in the 2nd wording but yes, I checked and have the same messages. Think we need to get to the bottom of this.

2 Likes

Actually my first message said the shares would show up once received. But then it just seems my existing stick was split.

2 Likes

Will see what they say tomorrow :+1:

3 Likes

I have been advised by support:

• “This was a stock dividend”
  • “As this is Corporate Action, you won’t see these in your activity feed”

I’ve questioned this again because; (to my understanding) there could be tax implications for some of us ? and thus the dividend received should be labelled/tagged as a dividend i.e. taxable (unlike a standard stock split), just like the rest of the dividends we receive - which can be seen easily in the activity feed)

1 Like

I’m a little further on in my questioning, they are now checking to see whether they can generate me a statement that accurately reflects the dividend received. I’ll let you know what they come back with.

1 Like

likewise: same response to myself.

1 Like

If we’ve had a split via dividend, we should have received new extra shares, not split what we’ve already got. Will the ‘new’ shares be able to be identified like cusip number or something

Here is how Fidelity have listed the Dividend/Split. Note “Distribution” implying something was received then given out.

2 Likes

IBKR showing as

its a stock split via stock dividend, not a standard stock dividend, i.e. your not getting more share over the value of tour current holding, its not a profit share via dividend. your getting new shares from a stock split via dividend. It is an effective stock split just the distribution is via stock dividend.

computershare will have send the new shares from GameStop via DTCC to Driveweath the custodian for Freetrade in the US, and Freetrade reflect the new number of shares under your account according to the number of shares you currently hold at a 4:1 ratio.

2 Likes

I know it’s not a profit dividend etc. I was expecting my account to show the receipt of newly issued shares (market adjusted price), not my existing shares split.

How long typically does this process take? Can we expect some of the manipulation to be exposed when brokers claim more shares than are in existence? After all, surely this is the reason for a split via dividend rather than a straight stock split?

Vanguard showing as dividend

Having difficulty purchasing more for my S&S ISA - failed twice with an error…

Keep at it

Did go through after a few minutes, but every previous purchase just sailed through with no issue.

2 Likes