GameStop - GME - Share Chat

“strong together”

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/lg9orr/out_am_i_not_by_a_long_shot/

I’m keen to know which other boards were talking about this a few days before it happened :joy:

1 Like

Just a question. With the law suits building up against Robinhood… Are Freetrade as a broker that by extension prevented the buying of the stock not at risk being dragged in to that also?

Nothing will come of any of it I reckon. Despite all the conspiracies, RH got screwed by their clearing house and they managed to raise 3bn overnight to try to fix it. Not saying they’re blameless but its not going to get anywhere. Plus sells were allowed, not being able to buy stock isn’t illegal, just frustrating.

1 Like

I think Adam has said last night they never tried to pass it off as protecting customers like some others did. There were issues and they communicated those issues. I highly doubt anyone would be successful if they tried. Even ombudsman complaints in this case likely won’t go anywhere

Testimony of Keith Patrick Gill before the U.S. House Committee on Financial Services

/u/Deep*******Value is still bullish on GameStop

1 Like

Anyone listening in on the hearing?

2 Likes

DFV: “I like this stock” :joy:

Also, they’re coming down heavy on RH and the HFs. It’s great.

4 Likes

Yes! Although it feels to me like RH has become the scapegoat. Vlad 100% should be taken down but it needs to move onto HF Melvin now

3 Likes

I fear that you are correct but let us hope that a faster settlement process can be an outcome. Even t+1 would reduce capital requirements that seemingly benefit everyone except the little guys.

3 Likes

DFV has doubled his position: https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/lnqgz8/gme_yolo_update_feb_19_2021/

5 Likes

Anyone else still holding? I bought more just before the hearing.

1 Like

Still holding. Down about 40%. Only a small position though.

Just been reading WSB. I’ll be adding to that small position on Monday :sweat_smile:

I Saw someone say they were down so much there is no point selling, just hold it forever pass the shares down to their kids :joy: feel the same.

1 Like

-87.5% for me. What’s the point in selling now haha? I’ll keep it as a memory

I’ve been slightly considering trying to average down to as near the current price as possible

Do you mean the DTCC or Citadel? It’s turned out that the DTCC waived the liquidity requirements before market open so if Citadel forced Robinhood to secure that additional funding then there’s definitely some dodgy stuff going on!

1 Like

Yep. And their clearing house is none other than … RobinHood Clearing. Their own company.

DTCC asked for collateral or somethin, it was in Elon’s interview with Tenev. Not sayin Citadel arent doing somethin weird. DTCC is like a self regulated thingy

“stonk”… he pronounced it as stonk like many timess. Such a legendd

1 Like