GameStop - GME - Share Chat

FT servers going down tomorrow

1 Like

Will they let us buy?

Yeah, itā€™s currently available

All the action will be happening premarket though. Traders going live at Midday UK time and the markets donā€™t open till 2.30pm. No afterhours trading with FT

Not yet at least

Insane! I hope you guyā€™s get rich in here.

Did an non-planned accidental swing trade earlier with a couple shares and made Ā£30 lol. Still got 18 more GME Iā€™m holding :thinking:

My brain and wallet canā€™t handle another round of this again

2 Likes

What time premarket startsā€¦ :slight_smile:

Never mind, Itā€™s 9 AM GMT. :relaxed:

A lot of talk on Reddit about mini squeezes - this might drop but is expected to go up again. Make of that what you will, just passing on info. Not financial advice.

Theres just so much going on. With some suggestion it was shorted again, there could be some mini squeezes like you said but then you have other factors.

With the price dramatically increasing again, the stock might get some more hype back and people will jump back on. This time around you have even more retail signed up and ready to buy, along with the chances of platforms stopping sales again being so small, momentum will hold.

Then thereā€™s the other side. Bag holders from the last rally will likely just want to get out at breakeven so youā€™ve maybe more sellers than previously once/if it hits 200+ in the open market. All being said and done, history will repeat and there will be some big winners and some big losers again.

1 Like

Yep - Iā€™ve already got my limit sells in place to get out at breakeven from last time.

2 Likes

So recently I came across a post about struggling to fulfil a sell order due to the value being over 10,000 pounds (I think it was an ARB investment), their total value was upwards of 200,000. Some said it was best to sell in chunks of 10,000 pounds worth every hour etc, but Iā€™m worried if i reach my desired position in GME I wont be able to sell quick enough or enough in general.
Does anyone know more about this and what is the best exit strategy with FT?

If I buy, itā€™s gonna drop againā€¦ if I donā€™t it will keep pumping and hit 200$ by end of dayā€¦ dilemma.:thinking:

2 Likes

The maximum you can buy or sell in a single transaction on Freetrade is Ā£9,900 as they donā€™t yet support the PTM levy.

3 Likes

Probably just set a bunch of sell limits for amounts under the Ā£10k limit at different levels you think the price will hit. This has the added advantage of taking emotion out of the process later when the price is still climbing and youā€™re not sure if you should stay in or get out. Very difficult to tell what this stock will do and it appears entirely detached from the actual prospects of the business at this point.

Stocks like this are a bit too risky for me though personally Iā€™d stick with companies I believe will prosper rather than prices I believe will rise.

2 Likes

So say a price of a stock reaches Ā£15,000, a limit order of whole shares wouldnā€™t be able to be executed? Therefore fractional shares would be the only real way to sell offā€¦?
Thanks btw.

Ok ye thats what I was thinkingā€¦ setting triggered orders throughout the day to reach desired exit is definitely smarter due to as you say taking out the emotion.
The truth is I do personally see potential for this company to prosper and take advantage of its position in its market in the real long term, and I have bought accordingly for the long term however if there is potential temporarily to sell during a squeeze, at a price which I think ridiculous or not fair at the current stage of the companies (hopeful) turnaround, it seems like a diamond opportunity to me.
Thanks for the help as well Kenny.

Hi all

Just pinging this over onto this thread, too:

1 Like

Paper hands over here

6 Likes