GameStop - GME - Share Chat

They only just created an account so must be app.

Anyone know if owners of GME get voting rights on Freetrade? The GME share recall is on with the ā€œrecord dateā€ being 4/20. (Also nice to see that the meeting is on 6/9! Well played, Gamestop! :rofl:)

Looking up share recalls, itā€™s important to ensure all GME shareholders make sure the stock hasnā€™t been loaned out to shorters:

1 Like

I asked free-trade and got this response.

1. Our shares are not lent out to anyone.
  2. We will not be able to take part in any shareholder voting (but they are looking into it for the future)

Hope this helps.

9 Likes

Yes, see my comment below.

1 Like

The good news is that the reason for recalling the shares is covered by Freetradeā€™s response. All we really want here is for people to stop their shares from being loaned for shorting purposes. If more shares are recalled by their owners for voting purposes than there are issued shares, the fun will really start.

1 Like

Is the shareholder voting not allowed because itā€™s a US company?

I canā€™t find it in my message history but Iā€™m sure I had Just Eat shares I think and received a message before their merger about making a vote on something.

Ok found it, I know this is a merger but isnā€™t this shareholders exercising their voting rights, wonder what is differentā€¦be good to understand why this isnā€™t possible

Trading 212 have said the same thing

HišŸ‘‹
Quick update on the Just Eat take over.
You may have heard in the news that there are now two takeover offers for Just Eat:
Offer 1
Cash takeover by Prosnus N.V.
Outcome
Youā€™d receive Ā£7.10 per share held in place your Just Eat shares.
Offer 2
All share combination by Takeaway.com
Outcome
Youā€™d receive 0.09744 new Takeway.com shares in place of each share held in Just Eat. Shares intended to trade under the new name of Just Eat Takeaway.com.
How it works
As a shareholder of Just Eat, you are able to elect to accept one takeover offer. If enough Just Eat shareholders elect to accept one of the takeover offers, it will become compulsory.
Unfortunately we are currently unable to support Takeaway.com shares on Freetrade as they are primarily listed on a Dutch exchange and priced in Euros which we donā€™t yet support.
This means you are unable to elect on the offer by Takeaway.com (offer 2). If offer 2 were approved, you would need to sell your Just Eat shares.
What are your options?
You can either elect on the take over offer by Prosnus N.V (offer 1) or decline the offer.
To do so, please fill in the below election form by 4:30pm 9th December:
https://forms.gle/removedā€¦
Please ensure you complete the form with the email address linked to your Freetrade account
We will be in touch after the 12th December to confirm your election has been placed and with the results of both offers.
Any questions just buzz us!
Best,
Dā€¦

Donā€™t watch the number of shares, I was only starting out :sweat_smile:

I was just told that they were not ā€œoperationally set upā€ to do so.

How can we ask Freetrade to recall our/my shares and am I allowed to vote or does Freetrade do that on my Behalf?

Your shares donā€™t get lent out so wonā€™t need to be recalled.

Iā€™ve read on here that thereā€™s no way to do voting (currently). I donā€™t think theyā€™d be able to build that into the system by the 20th if thatā€™s when the vote is.

1 Like

All we really need to worry about are share price limits, I think. Cos if it does, hypothetically, go over and they remain thereā€™s going to be a lot of unhappy customers.

2 Likes

Has anyone seen at this?

Probably a hedge.

Whoever it was they are betting against the market. GME beta last check was -6.7r aw -4.1 adj(updated on 9.4) If they are right, high possibility GME will launch soon.

What do people think about the potential GME squeeze in comparison to AMC. I assume that if one has a short squeeze, the other will pop off at the same time ?

It would seem that most people think that GMEā€™s position is more extreme than AMC although both are considered to be heavily shorted.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome. I personally believe that GME will squeeze higher by orders of magnitude. This is due to the fact that AMC has a lot of debt and had to borrow to survive, issue stock etc. The unique thing about GME is the fact that only 70 million shares exist and they have more cash in the bank account than they owe in debt. That ratios of shorts to actual stock is they key. Plus GMEs corperate story is stronger (cash generation)

But amd maybe shorted by the same people, so it may be a chain reaction

2 Likes

Imagining what Iā€™ll be like if GME pops off and thereā€™s a delay to AMC being margin called. Would let me put my GME gains there and multiply them, but I can only dream of the cards being dealt that way.

1 Like

IF GME flies, there will be plenty of discounted stocks available to snap up with your gains.

9 Likes

I hope they sort out the 25k limit before it takes off. I donā€™t understand why they have it in the first place, do they have a 25k buy limit? Wouldnā€™t they get way more profit from allowing 2% of a few big transfers than allowing 100ā€™s of little transfers where the price is going up and down?

2 Likes

I think there is a higher chance it reaches $25, than $25,000

15 Likes