GameStop - GME - Share Chat

Well is the same with stocks, many will fail miserably others will do well. As a conscious investor is in your interest being informed and try to make the right choice.

There are many pump and dump scheme in crypto with people investing in it just because they saw it on social media -they will get burn badly. I think the same apply to IPO in the stock market look at deliveroo or Coinbase. I personally believe doge coin is raising awareness about crypto currency but it will be used as a scape goat by traditional media to show how many people lost all their money in very volatile assets.

About government cryptocurrency I am sceptic. Anyway sorry for my rant I will shut up now since this thread is about GME.

2 Likes

It is not the same as stocks, as stock have a REAL value behind them :+1: They may fail but the product you buy into actually exists so much more different to a company just setting up a crypto coin with no real product other than the coin.

This is a potential pyramid scheme in so many ways as there is no real fundamental value in them but as I said I am not saying they will all fail and some will last, I think Bitcoin will go on and on, though many will fail.

I agree on the most of your post though :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I agree but there will be some need to not make the GME brand toxic with people losing money as well :+1: I think they can bail out the HF’s to an extent by releasing enough shares for a small squeeze so everyone can make X amount and the HF only lose X amount.

Then everyone is a winner in a way apart from the HF who lose a bit but not as much as they could have and the extremists who demand the financial markets collapse :+1:

They did when they sold the $550mil dollars worth a couple weeks back. This started with HF’s versus GME when they tried to short it to bankruptcy.

You are 100% correct and I hate HF’s with a passion that short to kill companies and it should be illegal but GME should not try and get revenge at the cost of long term viability. :+1: Most extreme APES don’t actually care for GME either, they are just greedy and see an opportunity same as the HF’s did.

With RC being the biggest investor and leading the turnaround I doubt they’ll be aiming for that. Very curious to see the vote results and direction after that

Also, if they tried that they’d probably be breaking the law.

I agree Adam. Those who think that nobody will step in (Or step “out” in regards to big players invested) at some stage are mad.

1 Like

Let’s see how many shorts the shorts are at. Then we see the price.

Big g - value is subjective. Intrinsic value is also relative. When GME does crypto that perceived value will rise.

1 Like

They’ve already got them. Esports centres

I am convinced that using NFTs for in-game transactions and loot-boxes would be a “game breaking” move by GameStop. Building that into a new gaming platform and taking a percentage off all auctions would be provide an endless, effectively ‘free’ revenue stream for both GME, players, and games developers who integrate with the platform.

With their most recent hires, RC’s obsession with customer service, and global brand recognition, they are perfectly positioned to really take a chunk of Steam’s business imo (let’s be honest, we all use steam because it’s the only platform that provides the basic level of functionality vs the alternatives, but it could be a lot better).

edit: also the ability to earn crypto in-game and spend at gamestop would be absolutely nuts.

3 Likes

Correct. The market is ripe for the picking. So many developer incentives. Transaction fees. Gamer ownership of digital games. Physical game sales online and possible ebay competitor for selling physical used games consoles and pc parts. So many possibilities. Very, very good long term value. Market is growing and steam have stopped innovating.

3 Likes

I think it helps to divorce GameStop the business from $GME the meme stock when you’re considering all of this.

For GameStop the business, the transformation is happening very quickly and it’s being led by a very credible team. Ryan Cohen’s credentials in this space look excellent and, for a guy who could quite easily have sailed off into the sunset, he must be highly motivated to take this challenge on. So, long term prospects for investment returns on fundamentals look very good - depending, of course, on how much you’ve paid per share.

The phenomenon that is $GME the meme stock is a different matter. It helps to think of GameStop the business as being a bit of an accidental traveller in this journey. You could imagine it as an organism that has become infected with a parasite that now threatens the whole market. The price that the whole market has to pay to get rid of the parasite and function normally again is potentially enormous because nobody really understands the scale of the infection.

What you have to be absolutely clear on however, is that the ‘killing the parasite’ narrative runs independently of the ‘business transformation’ story. Although they may intersect from time to time, it’s useful to see them apart. This also has an impact on the stock as a prospective investment. You can ride along for the long term on the transformation potential or you can speculate on the big payday that could come as a result of a squeeze. Both are valid. The judgment of when to sell or buy depends on your interpretation of what’s happening and, of course, there will be winners and losers, wolves, fools and bagholders in this story as there are in the saga of any stock.

Whichever path you choose, timing is everything, whether it’s carefully planned or just serendipity.

6 Likes

They paid off their notes before they raised the new capital.

1 Like

They announced their intention to pay the notes by month end, then proceeded to raise the capital.

It may not be necessary.

But…

If I were management why would I not seize the opportunity? Why waste it? What would be the best for the company? Take the opportunity or let it go to waste?

1 Like

You are correct. My apologies. I misread the chronology.

2 Likes

Sorry, I’m not sure I understand…

Do you mean they’d be breaking the law if they tried to pump and dump?!

Yeah

1 Like

cool, thanks