GameStop - GME - Share Chat

That 104% is the cost to borrow not the Short Interest, The current official short interest is about 23% of the float - around 15million shares.

That’s the official story. Nobody who’s read any of the background stuff believes that.

2 Likes

Damn just about to do a fly edit on that :joy:

https://fintel.io/ss/us/gme#

This is where I looked, shows 23.84% currently

1 Like

Mind you, even if there was pressure to buy back the 15million officially shorted shares, that would be putting a lot of upward momentum on the price. GME has 12million+ shares directly registered + insiders + institutions and it’s a very small float. Fascinating times.

1 Like

Yeah the higher cost to borrow might force some shorts to cover which could push the price up somewhat.

Might be why the price has popped today

There’s a lot of chatter about complicated cycles on GME and the current run-up has been predicted. BUT, there will also be pressure coming from the impeding stock dividend. The price has been heavily manipulated down in the last few weeks but things are getting very spicy on a lot of fronts.

Gamestop absolutely has the power to add an NFT element as part of the proposed dividend. Even the stock dividend in its own right will be causing nightmares for the hedge funds and other market players who are on the wrong side of this story. June is looking very interesting and should have heaps of twists and turns.

2 Likes
4 Likes

I think the interesting thing about the Gamestop journey is that most people got in hoping for a quick squeeze and some disproportionately positive returns. While it hasn’t panned out that way, people have learned an awful lot in the meantime about the market, its various players and vested interests. They’ve also increased their positions and directly registered a lot of shares.

It wasn’t the journey anyone expected but it ain’t over yet.

5 Likes

I joined at £90/share… Crazy! Can’t let my eyes off it now!

4 Likes

I repeat, again.

‘Back to 20 fast’ they said.

Ha!

3 Likes

Earnings announcement* for GME: Jun 01, 2022 .

Anyone got any number in mind?

5 Likes

4 Likes

:joy: a true degenerate (my portfolio would be far better off if I’d taken this approach)

4 Likes

I just like the stock.

3 Likes

I mean, I’m not far off to be fair:

3 Likes

Happy GME earnings day.

5 Likes

Nobody who owns GME actually cares about inventory levels or EPS right?

Either way no judgment from me, Wall Street took these results well. Surly GME is going to have to find some secret sauce from the delayed and over hyped NFT market place (at a time when the NFT market is in bad shape).

1 Like

I lower my position yesterday before close, because I was worry about earnings.

Im really surprised about market reaction.

Looks like Gme is very strong on the market - with that types of earning it should dive at lease by half…

It may hold today until after shareholders meeting?….maybe

1 Like