GameStop - GME - Share Chat

That does seem to be the theory being pushed on Reddit - that the hedge funds are just buying and selling between themselves at lower and lower prices to ‘manipulate the market’ but that the actual volume of shares being traded is way way way below that needed to cover the short positions.

I don’t know how true that is and I’m not clever enough to see the volumes or even know how big/small they are relative to normal times.

1 Like

I just saw this which seems to lend some credit to the theory. Not volume - individual transactions.

Look at the bars in the bottom of the chart

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-02-01/gamestop-sinks-as-shorts-interest-drops-retail-looks-elsewhere

The end is 0. You could be a long way from the end.

2 Likes

92.20… If only we could buy :sob: :joy:

1 Like

They don’t need to. Just hold the ones they have. It’s a question of supply and demand - tt’s the hedge funds who will have to buy at some point to cover their short positions. That’s the squeeze people are talking about.

5 Likes

I know right!

1 Like

Better phrased as the beginning of the end I guess.

I’ve sat this one out… and feeling the FOMO draining away now :innocent:

1 Like

Best time to buy and hold the line I think, the squeeze might be anytime, EToro still trading GME, but don’t listen to me I’m just speculating :sweat_smile:

A stock casually loses 83% in 5 days and that is seen as a buy signal.

8 Likes

In a battle of retail vs wall street where retail are banned from buying shares on almost every platform available it’s no surprise the price is plummeting. A single day of free, legal trading will put it right though

3 Likes

This has been anything but casual :joy:

2 Likes

Try to buy some but doesn’t allow me :neutral_face::neutral_face:

1 Like

Read the popup in app or the 2nd Feb post, they were screwed by their US partner.

Real time trade volume from Nasdaq site. Botmania!

1 Like

So messed up

2 Likes

It’s actually outrageous that this is allowed to happen. This stock is clearly not worth hundreds of dollars, but only allowing once side of the ‘fight’ to make non selling trades is appalling.

10 Likes

The fact that the clearing house is increasing their required margin by 250% for their broker-dealer (according to the excellent Tweet from Freetrade, thanks folks) is surely an indication that the price is just as likely to shoot up as it is to go down, isn’t it?

5 Likes

Not necessarily. I’m sure plenty sell in such a way. DFV was selling 100-300 per day in round numbers

Trading halted as it rose from $100 to $124, but not when it went from $228 to $77… What am I missing?

6 Likes