GameStop - GME - Share Chat

If you sell 0.5 shares of a share worth 50k, you quite clearly would get 25k. That’s just how maths works. They aren’t saying they’re limiting your maximum share price to 25k.

They have responded. Saying if GME went wild it would be reviewed. The fact is right now there is probably a very very very tiny proportion of people wanting to make trades over 25k, so it’s not even worth bumping up the priority list to work on.

4 Likes

I, as a dumb investor, have reason to believe the short positions have doubled down (again and again?) on FTD and shorting with synthetic share postitions so, no, despsite what people may say about the money already being made, i do not think that is the case as of yet.

The squeeze has not squoze yet.

3 Likes

Everyone who is speaking with absolute certainty on this, at either extreme, is misguided.

Sure, £25k per share is a stratospheric figure, and I don’t personally ‘think’ it’ll get anywhere near that in any circumstances, or be allowed to just keep rising without authorities stepping in if it did. I don’t think any of the DD that points to that holds up, for me personally. But I love the fantastical idea, and I’m all for selling restrictions being reviewed in any case - it’s entirely possible to be in a situation where you’re trying to sell over £25k TOTAL worth of shares due to ‘unexpected’ squeeze conditions, and the easier it would be for users to do that quickly in such a rare situation, the better.

People who are talking about bankruptcy at this stage don’t seem very knowledgable about what’s been going on at the top of the company. Shorting artificially lowered the share price, just like pumping has artificially raised it.

Anyone treating it like a normal situation is completely missing the point, and people were being called bagholders en masse after the first squeeze at the end of Jan came and went, and it went back down to $40. All those idiots who bought in at that time to join the bagholders then saw massive gains within a matter of weeks.

Anyone talking like they know exactly what’s going to happen is a fool, on either side.

7 Likes

As a relatively new investor with no interest in GME, AMC or any other meme/hype stonk, I have viewed the forum posts and other platform forums with great interest, purely from a psychological point of view. Putting aside the implausible / improbable / down right wishful scenarios and in some circumstances almost propaganda that has been peddled, and unfortunatly bought into. I consider myself a very logical animal, So, if the problem is FT having ,published, terms and conditions regarding the 25K limit, and everyone is certain the scenario is going to play out with a sp over 25K, why don’t you sell up and move to a platform without said limits?

I am certainly not advocating a mass exodus from FT, but if ‘everyone’ is sure of a 12300% increase on a $202 sp, surely a little stamp duty and transaction cost, which would be a tiny % of the total gain, in the grand scheme of things.

This isn’t a dig at anyone unfortunately caught up in the hype or maybe not as educated\well read in market conditions or those who simply really want to believe the little guy can win. I am just really intrigued with people’s thought process in trying to change situations outside of their control, FT changing their standard Ops, when there must be a far easier solution within their control.

I am interested to see if anyone can help educate this unfortunately logical beast.

4 Likes

Just did some quick maths, so could be wrong, but if GME got to 25k a share it would be worth around $1.7 trillion. That just seems very unlikely for a loss making company (in a dying industry) and would be the same valuation as Microsoft.

5 Likes

Seems very unlikely!! Personally I never jumped on the band waggon as it seems like it could all end in tears :grimacing: I don’t understand all the fine details but wouldn’t be shocked if the big players pull off some kind of move that will negate huge losses for them.

Some will have made a good buck but those who are greedy and hanging in wanting to become a insta-millionaire may find they end up in a very different situation.

Thank god I got the :popcorn:

It would only happen because of the MOASS ‘mother of all short squeezes’, not because of fundamentals.

Also, there has been official word from freetrade here: GameStop Corp 💾 🛑 (GME) Share Chat - #904

Tbh I think it will probably sink down below 100 again then this will keep happening (spike for a couple of weeks) as new people get brought in, WSB is still full of people putting insane money into GME.

2 Likes

i see GME pivoting to e-stores (PC and console?), e-sports (adverts galore) and game streaming (twitch has a monopoly). But we’ll see with regards to the shareholder meeting what direction the company is going and it’s valutation.

As i understand, Gamestop’s balance sheet is not as bad as some may suggest and the pivot could change the whole outlook.

Lets be real, I know I could lose my investment and know that degrees of volitility and access may affect what the outcome is for my personally. However, I see this as a good bet. To make an investment, one must make a trade, so I don’t subscribe to labelling new investors as some sort of foaming out the mouth day trader looking to make one million percent gains on any old stock. If anything, once this completes I’ll be as shrewd as Warren Buffet as he has some excellent advice (despite him not getting his head around crypto and the incoming cultural change)

5 Likes

personally I feel they are in danger of bankruptcy,

What makes you think this? Even last year when the stock price was $4, analysts believed Gamestop had a near-zero chance of going bankrupt. Macro currently has Gamestop’s bankruptcy odds at 5%.

Bear in mind the next option up was $500. So a lot of people who think <$250 for example may have voted 0.

Dying industry (boxed game retail) hit really hard in the pandemic, very little chance IMO they will suddenly pivot and beat established incumbents in the online space (Steam, Google, MS, etc), CFO left recently (never a good sign in a company which is in trouble financially), and finally there is massive pressure and scrutiny due to this situation which will make it very hard to focus on their business.

Possible they’ll limp along for another few years, I don’t see any viable path to profit for them.

Sorry about the poll, should have included some lower options above 0.

1 Like

Sounds like someone was shorting GME :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Tad related but I found out you can buy GME key caps on Etsy :joy:

2 Likes

Quite a large part of DFVs original DD showed findings that the shrink-wrap gaming market was still thriving. Not everyone has super-fast internet and games are regularly hitting the 100GB mark now, probably even more with next-gen consoles. Plus the second had games market is still large.

I also think Ryan Cohen and co taking seats on the board and immediately hiring a former AWS exec as CTO shows clear intent to move into ecommerce.

We also don’t know for sure if the CFO resigned or was pushed out. Timing would suggest he was asked to leave but either way, a shakeup is probably a good thing given the change in direction.

7 Likes

Nice to see someone talking about the company instead of hedge fund gamma squeezes and $25k prices.

They definitely have a chance to pull all that off - it just seems a bit unlikely IMO. Best of luck if you own it and I hope they do recover and start being properly valued on the merits rather than being a meme stock.

1 Like

it will never reach 25k. full stop that will not happen its imposible for everyone to hold. would you not sell if its at 1k? what about 5k? 10k?

majority of people will be taking the profits and that will stop the skyrocketing

3 Likes

Do anybody knows if there are publicly available information on the break down of GME holding (institutional/retail investors)?

I think even if retail investors will hold institutional ones are going to sell.

I wouldn’t say it will never get to 25k. In the short term I doubt it will. But in a couple of decades who knows?!

1 Like

3 Likes

I’m neither buying, nor selling, nor shorting, this stock :slight_smile: It’s been entertaining to watch though.

1 Like