GameStop - GME - Share Chat

Na, liftoff will have NYSE halt trading on GME at least 4 times an hour

Only 24830 to go :muscle: :rocket:

3 Likes

This hits the nail on the head.

There are two plays here. One is the long term prospects for the company now that it has a transformation plan and a board that seems to have the ability to deliver its vision.

The other is a short squeeze.

If you’re a long devotee of $GME, the squeeze is a bonus. If you’re chasing the squeeze the long play is your back up plan.

I like the stock.

3 Likes

999,838 left to go, surely

1 Like

1,999,838 for me…

1 Like

Nice option chain has been set up. Its a very very expensive day. Some body really want this thing to take off

Obligatory :rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket:

Still waiting for a bigger dip. At a time when I have some free capital.

1 Like

Been out of the loop following this on here, been on r/GME only… are there any concerns / tricks to cashing out when this squeezes that people have come up with? Or is it just triggered / limit sells up to £25k on repeat?

woudn’t worry at all about 25k. it will not get there. people will be selling at 500, 1k, 2k, 5k 10k ect.
It will drop the price for sure. Just remember there is no us in the investing, i want money i take it :smiley:

3 Likes

You do you mate

1 Like

Best way is to make sure you sell fractionals to make the most of your 10 million floor.

1 Like

A clearly written investment case would also be a great value add for the community instead of scattered reposting of the media and Reddit’s links.

If you can not clearly defend your investment in plain English - it speaks a ton of the risks involved.

From what I have seen the short squeeze has been discussed from the end of January…

1 Like

Well as there is a lot of evidence to support it there is a lot of blank spots as well. i already sold everything at 300-350 because it’s too high risk. And considerring how manny people are playing this game nobody can say when they jump the ship and crash the price.

GME stock price is million miles away from itss fundamental price for sure :smiley:

still hope everyone who is in the ship makes some nice money! :smiley:

1 Like

i would say that if at least 20% of those DDs on reddit are right, the biggest worry should be if this will crash the economy and the stock market worldwide?

considering the bubble is so much bigger the pop will be one of the greatest ever

3 Likes

Hope this helps. Plain English as requested. :wink:

First point: proper short squeezes are rare, they’re unpredictable and they take a long time. IF there’s a short squeeze taking place here, it has been in the making for a very long time already.

Next, there are two viable investment strategies for $GME. One is the long-term investment based on fundamentals. IF you believe in the ability of RC Ventures to turnaround the company, then you could see a return on your investment relative to the price you paid for the stock. This would be a classic invest and hold play looking for future dividends and share price growth.

IF you believe that the various signs point to a squeeze, then a share purchase is more about market dynamics than it is about underlying business fundamentals. This play is more of a bet than an investment and $GME is more of a conduit to the game than it is an active player in the game.

$GME is a highly volatile stock because various market dynamics that are completely disconnected from the business fundamentals are at play. In this case, the share price is being driven not by the true value (based on trading performance) of the company but by the unlimited exposure of actors who employ high-risk strategies to make vast sums of money without actually creating anything of value. If you place a bet in this game, you are gambling on two things: one that the premise is correct and two that there will be a catalyst that triggers an unwinding of the short positions .

You also have to bear in mind that the market dynamics play is extremely complex and nuanced. It isn’t just about actual shares and shorting, it’s also influenced by options trading, index fund trading and probably a host of other things that very few people truly understand. It may also eventually be influenced by political and regulatory intervention.

All share dealing carries a risk. The message for $GME speculators has been clear: don’t invest any more than you can afford to lose. If you buy into either strategy (long-term growth or rocket ride) your potential return could be anything from absolutely nothing to a very large amount. That’s the key here. Your potential loss is limited to the scale of your investment. The upside doesn’t have a fixed limit.

So it’s high risk - especially as the share price climbs.

8 Likes

You could say that retail, through GME as a proxy, is squeezing big money (let’s not deny ourselves how deep citadel is in the shit as well as anyone else who are stakeholders in the DTCC as well as big money investors) which is having an effect on the market as a whole (ripples at the mo, not waves) and as the FTDs and Synthetic shares pile up, it will pop.

If GME delivers on fundamentals as I mentioned above they will be priced in as an ECommerce company, which will see the reflected in the price as it settles after the squeeze.

Once again, as a dumb investor,iI know money is at risk. Christ, it’s so condescending to hear that all the time.

I just want paid. Then jail for those who lost pension funds through lies and greed tbh. But I’m just a dumb investor.

6 Likes

Hats off to the people behind the merch coming out of GameStop. These tees are spot on:

2 Likes

With that sell-off, I smell tendies.

1 Like

Old news now but in case anyone missed it:

1 Like