Getting dizzy opening android app

Maybe it’s my age…but the android open upon opening immediately shifts the page to the left and then the fingerprint slides up from the bottom of the screen.

Im not sure if this is a bug on my specific phone (Pixel 2), or something which is intentional? Does anyone else experience this?

No I haven’t personally but it could be cybersickness. This is usually caused by scrolling or fast moving screens.

Not noticed this on my moto g7 - it’s super slick and smooth, in fact I prefer the android app to the iPhone app (sorry iPhone app developers, nothing personal).

Maybe it is your phone model as you suggest.

1 Like

Might need to fiddle about with the animation speed multiplier settings on your phone. However, if it’s just Freetrade, then I don’t know what to suggest.

Hi! Could you reach out to us via our in-app chat, so we can look into this?

Hi @Gemhappe

Did this ever get looked at? I see the same animations… basically…

1. the app opens and the screen is coloured pink using an animation that expands from the centre of the screen.
  2. pink screen slides left and is replaced with a white screen that slides in from the right
  3. purple login screen then fades in over the white one
  4. fingerprint login dialog slides in from the bottom of the screen to cover bottom 40% of the screen.
  5. then fingerprint slides out at the bottom of the screen, revealing purple login screen
  6. the portfolio slides in from the top over the purple login screen

Altogether a very clunky visual experience.

Phone OnePlus 5
Android 9 (oxygenos 9.0.5)
App 1.0.3520

@Gemhappe - would you like me to raise this in chat as well??

Hi, sorry this is still an issue for you. :cry:

Are you on the latest version of the app? If not, please do update and in-app chat us if the problem continues.

I am on version 1307… Android 9, OnePlus 5…

I dont think it’s a problem as such, just an overload of graphical animations when loading the FT app …the sequence is the same ony partners OnePlus 3 phone on the same app version…

It reminds me of a 1990’s PowerPoint presentation!