GlaxoSmithKline 💊 💉- GSK

GSK… heading back down or likely gonna run up? Anyone got any thoughts on them?

To me i think its over price a little bit but maybe thats just that i sold it when is was £12.00 one of my investment mistakes the other was selling boohoo for 50p

1 Like

I have some, I see it as a steady Dividend payer. I don’t expect huge share price growth from here, but I’m happy to hold on to it.

I actually Prefer Astrazenca in the pharma sector, but I hold some of each.

2 Likes

I think they will stay strong. GSK is developing new respiratory drugs and have a strong footing in asthma and similar disease sector. In addition, I think their malaria vaccine is in Phase 2 trials.

Also, they have a pretty decent consumer market offering with nicotine withdrawal products and oral health products. I agree with @Dave on preferring AstraZeneca, but I’m planning to get some GSK in my portfolio

So I took GSK out this morning just before they dumped 1.5% and popped the money over to United Utilities for a 0.5% discount there.

Now I am not a trader and will keep and eye on GSK with a view to adding them into my general portfolio later. I am somewhat expecting them to drop back 10 - 15% before they start to pick up again.

3 Likes

Anyone taking advantage of the 3 months low price? GSK is also going ex dividend the 20th of February.

I am considering to add few shares in my portfolio. Any thoughts ?

2 Likes

I’ve been keen on GSK since I opened my FT account - I’ve been topping up recently due to the drop in value :+1:

3 Likes

Been holding GSK since 2015 - I don’t check the price, just collect the dividends!

4 Likes

I have a few shares from them, but intend to slowly build up more as they seem to be fairly good for dividends being a pharma that’s affordable compared to the others.

1 Like

Anyone think they’re a good punt nowadays?

1 Like

I used to own a very small amount but sold them a few weeks back to free up some cash. I bought back in yesterday as I noticed they paid a fairly decent dividend compared to the amount I owned a few days ago, and I was looking to add to my health section for the sake of balancing. I think they are worth holding in that section.

2 Likes

Same here, I was surprised how much dividend I was given, in comparison to how little of them I own shares in!? Needless to say after that, while they’re low I bought a few more. :+1:

1 Like

We’re gonna end up with like 4 vaccines each :laughing:

1 Like

Whilst the EU has secured none…

1 Like

What are people’s thoughts on GSK at the moment?

They seem to be trading at a really fair value in my opinion, also touching the march lows.

I think it’s a very good investment at these prices but I’m worried I’m missing something because I have no idea why it’s doing so badly atm

Because I can’t see why they are doing so badly, I’ve been topping up at the low prices…

1 Like

@weenie I’ve been doing the same but I find it a bit unsettling when I don’t fully understand the bearish argument