Greatland Gold - GGP - Share Chat

Wow, thank you so much for the effort here, really appreciate it!
I’m sure that’s going to be useful to many other people.

To clarify I am free riding, took my original investment out a while ago so zero risk in that sense. I am quite a conservative investor though so I tend to cash out at the lower end of estimates.

Really helped out here trying to put some numbers in so thanks again!

Hi
In layman’s terms please.
I’d really like to know which of those companies are a good investment choice :pray:t5:

1 Like

One of the best posts I’ve ever seen on this community, good stuff mate!

1 Like

Great summary post!!

This looks like it only includes Haverion for GGP though?

For solid research notes and analysis I follow Gulag Capital Partners on Twitter. I believe he also has a telegram group.

He has created a number of pdfs relating to the precious metals space, and they seem to be logically sound.

I would post them if I knew how.

2 Likes

Thanks, started following Gulag Capital on Twitter

There’s an upload button when you reply on here, allows you to upload files from your computer/phone. Should be able to post them that way!

That’s a tough question to answer and your personal circumstances and attitude to risk will be different to mine.

I can’t remember where I found this diagram, so I’m unable to credit it unfortunately. It’s useful as you can see the potential number of years these investments can take, though not all of them will follow this path.

All of the companies in the list in the post above I’d still list as juniors in the mining sector, some are still pre-discovery, some have discovered and one or two have discovered and de-risked. It’s more challenging to do any financial analysis pre-discovery as the resource estimates aren’t there, but that’s often where the biggest gains are. You could have bought GGP in January 2018 for les than 1p, and made over 40 x your investment when it hit 38p recently. But you’d have had to wait for a long time with almost no growth for months on end during which folk were making a lot of money because they thought Elon Musk was cool.

If it’s an explorer you’re after you’d need to consider:

• How much cash do they have? What is the burn rate?
  • Has the management team done this before?
  • If they have, how did they treat existing shareholders when they needed more cash?
  • How well and often do they communicate? Do they have skin in the game?
  • What jurisdiction is the mine in? Australia and USA are good, places in Africa can be a nightmare
  • How will they mine? Open pit, decline, block cave? Each has a bearing on the cost of extraction
  • Where will the extracted materials be processed? Build a new plant, ship elsewhere?

The list isn’t exhaustive and there are more things to consider. A good resource for research is: AIM Mining Companies - AIM Sectors | AIM-Watch

I currently hold five of the companies on the list, have held four others and sold them. There are others companies not on the list worth looking into, Solgold mentioned above, great resource indicated, lots of squabbling though. Pure Gold & Panther Metals are others worth consideration.

Finding a good company is hard and harder still is having the conviction to hold. I came late to GGP and first came across it on this board. If I have the courage and discipline to just hold it and do nothing I expect it’ll max out my SIPP over time. It helps to be stubborn and a bit lazy at times also.

Based on the list I’ll have a look into BZT as I hadn’t been aware of the size of the opportunity there. If I was just getting into the sector now and was prepared to risk losing a chunk of my funds I’d look at Power Metal Resources, POW. Their Chairman has a bad rep from previous endeavours so some aren’t keen at all.

Company website: https://www.powermetalresources.com/

Presentation from December: https://www.powermetalresources.com/Uploads/8967-POW_Presentation_3rd_Dec_2020.pdf

Projects overview: https://www.powermetalresources.com/s/30/projects

Projects summary: https://www.powermetalresources.com/Uploads/8668-POW_Project_Summary_Updated.pdf

Recent Q&A with the CEO - https://www.share-talk.com/a-live-qa-session-with-power-metal-resources-plc-pow-l-webinar/?utm_content=buffer96535&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer#gs.q0mvpu

I have some money in POW, though it’s a fraction of what I have in GGP.

Anyway, I hope this helps and have fun researching.

29 Likes

Great post

That’s some hardcore info! Worth its weight in gold! Thanks!

1 Like

If it drops below 30 I’m going throw some more in I think

1 Like

Was there any news or just a natural retracement?

No negative news I’m aware of. A market maker tree shake normally precedes a large buy or positive news.

3 Likes

Thank you bro

Newcrest is pleased to announce the A$146 million funding approval for the construction of the box cut, exploration decline and associated surface infrastructure of our #Havieron project with
@GreatlandGold #NCM #GGP

https://www.newcrest.com/sites/default/files/2021-01/200113_Havieron%20Project%20receives%20regulatory%20and%20funding%20approval%20-%20Market%20Release%20pdf.pdf

10 Likes

Couple of important points in this section:

It could be three years for commercial production, so potentially a slow burn share, but on the plus side “Mineralisation remains open in multiple directions outside of Havieron’s initial Inferred Mineral Resource”. Which backs up the points above that the 3.4m oz estimate could move higher.

I’d roughly worked out GGP’s 25% share of Havieron to be worth 35p. With the resource potentially being much larger, it could be worth £1 or more, just for that one target. And Newcrest have still to buy the final 5% of Havieron that they have an option on which I’d worked out was worth maybe 6p, but again it would become more valuable as the estimated ounces goes up.

This is an image of the resource released recently. That potentially £1 target at Havieron which GGP will ultimately own 25% of, is the round dot in the red box towards the bottom right of the diagram.

The resource in yellow is Scallywag which GGP own 100% of. Compare the sizes.

Now, it could be that Scallywag is a lot shallower than Havieron, but the size of the potential resource is staggering. Some initial results on Scallywag drilling are due soon. There are also additional targets in the GGP portfolio.

Please do your own research on this and if you do buy be prepared to hold for a while.

My biggest worry with GGP right now is having to sell my holding to cash so I can switch it to the FT SIPP and being out of the market when Scallywag news drops.

13 Likes

Thanks for sharing, great content. Where’s the image from?

From @paddygall1 on twitter. There’s a link in his tweet to the report.

The yellow line around Scallywag was added by @tom_the_bomb__ who has been in GGP for a while and notes his entry price of 2.4p on his bio.

4 Likes

Great news, and a great analysis. I wouldn’t think it’s significantly shallower as the frequency response of the anomaly I would expect to be higher frequency if shallower, but it looks sort of similar with more lows on top, so my money’s on bigger!

1 Like