Greencoat UK 💨 - UKW

Seems from what we have seen online from TV interviews from workers installing turbines etc they say the money has dried up and keep asking for rishi to put more funding in. This coupled with funding from overseas being pulled as slowed the growth.

That’s only a few snippets I have seen.

Think inflation and supply issues were making energy generators question whether the return on new projects would be economical and worthwhile, and so large projects by the likes of Ørsted were shelved. Since then the UK gov has increased the maximum strike price to attract more investment from something like 4.5p to 7.5p kWh. It’s quite a bit higher for offshore floating turbines, presumably to spur R&D into driving the price of it down.

The investment I have in a (relatively small) co-op wind farm has a LCOE of around 4p kWh. Half for construction, half for ongoing maintenance. It’ll likely pay around 8.5p per kWh when it goes online this year, minus the 2p per kWh maintenance.

IMO localised grid pricing would be interesting to see to reflect the true needs of local demand and probably let the free market decide better where best to invest. To me in any event (bar fusion power in 20 years time), there shouldn’t be any scenarios where there’s power cheaper than wind (and solar).

1 Like

Good bounce for UKW today, and ORIT. NESF not feeling the same love.

3 Likes

I’m in!

2 Likes

I thought you were out!!
Anyone know the reason for the spike today? Yahoo said today was earnings but think they ballsed that up.

3 Likes

GSEO up 14% at the moment.
Increased buybacks and a 10% increase in NAV.
Market starting to turn for renewables?
Even if it hasn’t the dividends will pay you to wait.
My opinion only.

3 Likes

Noticed 3.5% increase in share price for tritax eurobox yesterday. Buying for dividend? ex dividend today. 3.5% is a lot more than the quarterly dividend.
Fall today should be at least the dividend but only 0.5%?
Presently 40% discount
8.5% dividend
Might be seeing a move on the very high discount and dividend investment trusts.
Not just renewables.

2 Likes

Lets hope so as thats where my money is!!
Although i am happy buying my stock at the cheaper price

1 Like

Doubled up on them yesterday.
Lucky to put it mildly.

1 Like

Ouch!

1 Like

But its pay day today 3.41 pence!!! Yipee

Windy one day not so windy another not a big deal

1 Like

divi arrived. That’s me back into a small profit on these beasts.

2 Likes

Does anyone know how are the greencoat’s dividends payed?
Are the dividends Property Income Distributions (PID) or non-PIDs?

Definitely non pid
Because a wind farm is not a building.

But isn’t UKW a REIT? So I thought that most REIT dividends are Property Income Distributions. Thanks

It’s an investment trust

That is what a REIT is. Real State Investment Trust.

I just get paid a normal dividend for these

2 Likes

No ukw is not a REIT.
It is an investment trust in the Infrastructure sector.
The renewable Infrastructure sector

https://www.theaic.co.uk/aic/find-compare-investment-companies?sec=REI&sortid=Name&desc=false

A REIT must pay out 90% of its income as dividends
A investment trust must pay out 85% of its income as dividends.

1 Like

Thank you so much. That was very helpful. Really appreciate it.

1 Like