Greggs (GRG) 🥯 - Share Chat

On this point, I hope the public remembers which companies did well by their staff (i.e Greggs & Home Bargins) and also rememeber those that didn’t (looking at you Mr.Branson)

5 Likes

Morning,

I completely agree. While I still hold Greggs and expect the price to suffer somewhat, I am hopeful the public will remember who cared for their staff.

On my mind is what will happen to the staff and if they are being paid. It will be another factor on the share price but the goodwill and stronger staff moral I am positive will pay off.

Thank you,

3 Likes

Pretty ugly update, but then again what isnt at the moment. I think that at 1400 its quite attractive though. Solid balance sheet even with the commercial paper signed, and achieves operating breakeven at 80% when they’re trading at 72% as of last week. Dividend isnt coming back until a vaccine but @DrInvest you’re right - they didnt even have to close but correctly decided it was the right thing to do - public will remember that. What do people think?

2 Likes

Pondering over this one. At 1379 now which is really attractive, especially for a company so creative and innovative. Obviously the high street is in relative tatters but I believe Greggs has the ability to navigate through this and recover then thrive. Buy now, or does it dip even lower?

3 Likes

Greggs is on a (sausage) roll today!

Up about 20% today

3 Likes

Oh my god :sweat_smile:

Looks like another solid morning for Greggs after a positive RNS blows the lockdown 3.0 blues away

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/news-article/GRG/trading-update/14815532

Edit: There’s an article summarising it in The Times Greggs braced for first full-year loss since float | Business | The Times

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/news-article/GRG/preliminary-results/14900950

Up 6% this morning on the results

2 Likes
2 Likes

For all the Vegans out there!

4 Likes

the vegan sausage roll was bloody tasty I’m up for this!

3 Likes

I just wish their vegan/meat free/plant based sausage roll was cheaper! You’d think it would be a lot cheaper to produce at every stage of the supply/production line but I think they charge a premium for it.

3 Likes

True anything with Vegan in the title you can add £££ to it’s price

3 Likes

It might be production cost. I presume they bought separate machinery for the vegan rolls and the vegan mix might not be cheaper than the simple Pork and seasoning they use in the pork version. Greggs know they will sell millions of pork sausage rolls every day so only need a tiny profit on each roll where as the vegan version sells less and could be a passing fad.

Pretty sure everyone in the food industry has realised that healthy eating and vegetariansm/veganism is the future of eating not a fad. That’s where the money will be made. Definitely not with meat.

3 Likes

I meant vegan sausage rolls might be a fad not veganism which is increasing but i’d say has a very long way to go to rival meat production.

1 Like

That’s your wish :joy: I’d have thought it would be for vegan versions of beef products to become mandatory :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Those Vegan sausage rolls are not for healthy eating same with the Beyond burgers etc

Yes, burgers and sausage rolls are not healthy foods regardless of what they’re made of :joy:

It’s Greggs. I don’t think anyone’s fooled into thinking it’s health food.

Keep your mind off my rump steaks!

2 Likes

4 Likes