Groupon Inc - GRPN

American worldwide e-commerce marketplace connecting subscribers with local merchants by offering activities, travel, goods and services in 15 countries.

Google Finance

Missed earnings. Revenue down on 2018, they swing to a loss. Dropped 16% after hours. Closing their “goods” business, concentrating on experiences, which they were originally known for.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-02-18/groupon-plunges-after-missing-estimates-announcing-overhaul

Does anyone still use Groupon? I had an account back when it was all the hype, think I bought one thing on it which I failed to show for.

Places stopped offering Groupons after realising their customers were just the worst, and could make no money off them.

There’s definitely money to be made in flexible pricing during quiet periods, but even the lamest of bars can advertise a happy hour on Instagram now.

I’ve used them a couple of times and all orders were received. Last motnh, I bought a Cathay Pacific voucher and it turns out to be expired. Got refunded no problem though. Just a week ago, I’ve bought a deal for laser teeth whitening and have yet to make an appointment. I’m satisfied with them and actually happy because they have loads of codes up to 20% which help to save a good amount especially if done via a cashback site. But like any other deal site, I always research before buying an item from them because most of the time, it’s just cheaper on eBay. :sweat_smile:

Ouch. They’ve opened down over 38%. It’s their fourth year of declining revenue.

Revenue for 2019 was $2.2B, their market cap is $1B, they hold $750M in cash.