Haleon - HLN - Share Chat

So FreeTrade say this, meaning they are aware of it and intend to fix it at least:

"This is an issue which our Engineering team are aware of and they will update this when they are able to, but I’m afraid we don’t have a timeframe for this just yet. :pray: `

Just let me know if there’s anything else I can help with. :blush:"

4 Likes

First trading update for the newly single Haleon.

Respiratory benefited from a strong cold and flu season

3 Likes

Snap!

Flu season gives Haleon flying start

1 Like

Flu season?
It’s the middle of summer.
Think I’ll hang on to them until January
Things should really take off then :laughing::rofl::sunglasses:

Always good to read beyond the headlines. The revenue figures are about H1

posted revenue of £5.2 billion for the first six months of the year

Fuller details about the H1 (to end of June 2022) results:

https://www.haleon.com/content/dam/cf-consumer-healthcare/bp-haleon/en_US/documents/investors/Haleon%20-%20HY%202022%20Trading%20Update.pdf

1 Like

Actually on another point as per my post earlier about the ridiculous situation where this is showing as an 80% loss due to the de-merger with GSK.

I know this is potentially not a great idea, but it looks like FreeTrade are going to drag their feet on correcting the share average. Does anyone know if I sold every single share and then immediately bought them back whether that would re-set the average or would it simply remember the average I had previously?

1 Like

You’re right it’s not the best idea (stamp duty) but if it bothers you your average would be set to the new price. It doesn’t remember transactions.

1 Like

Ahhhh stamp duty! :man_facepalming: I knew there was probably something I hadn’t thought of, thank you Neil.

Yes, it does annoy me quite considerably showing an 80% loss on an investment that I haven’t spent any money on (and I don’t really understand why FT need so long to fix it) but it would be rather stupid to waste money on stamp duty. Will put up with it for now then.

1 Like

As said it forgets. Sometimes i love a function where you can have an individual share give you account average plus dividend taken off too. Its bit of a headache trying to keep up.

1 Like

Hello, im new to trading and have been reading your discussion, ive not bought any shares yet as i dont want to put in lots of money but have seen this as a chance to maybe have a peice of something that could rise in the future. What do you think?
(Any more information or help is great)

Thankyou

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Obviously I have to give you the disclaimer to do your own research and nobody here can (or should) advise you to buy or not to buy, nor should anyone predict whether this stock will go up in the future or not.

Speaking for myself, I’ve received shares in Haleon only because I am a GSK shareholder and therefore got them during the demerger. Unfortuntely I have pretty much no spare cash for investing at the moment but I am definitely keen on buying more Haleon stocks in the future. Given that they manufacture well-known brands such as Centrum; Nicorette; Panadol and Sensodyne, I don’t think it would be a bad purchase. As someone who tends to like dividend stocks, while I cannot say that for certain that Haleon will eventually start paying dividends, given their size I’d personally be surprised if they didn’t.

3 Likes

Haleon insists share price pain is only temporary

2 Likes

I’ve been topping up :D. I expect yesterday’s collapse was an over-reaction to the GSK potential court case on Zantac, which of course Haleon’s product range and new business has nothing to do with. I have high hopes for Haleon and of course hope they start paying dividends quarterly like GSK do.

1 Like

I thought this was odd, the business even when part of GSK had nothing to do with the lawsuit.

1 Like

It seems like they have sorted the pricing issue with this stock it doesn’t show as a loss now
I’m hoping GSK is soon!

No adjustment showing for me yet - even if/when it does it’ll still likely show a sizeable loss given the poor price performance since the demerger…:slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

On iOS the start price is now clearly correct. So what specifically is incorrect for you?

1 Like

I’m Android, so maybe a delay to it correcting…

I bought a small number last week at £2.55, and my current average per share is now showing as £11.32.

1 Like

I’m also on Android, what’s specifically incorrect is that it’s showing me as having spent over £3,000 across both GSK and Haleon and having lost over 75% of my Haleon investment. As I’ve said either on this or the GSK thread, I contacted support at least a couple of weeks ago and basically got a fob-off answer saying they knew there was a problem and would fix it but they gave no indication as to how long it would take!

1 Like